(Possibly) Simple control idea

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Doubi
Peon
Peon

(Possibly) Simple control idea

Post by Doubi »

As far as I can make out, only the left hand Crtl-key is used for attacking, correct?

So perhaps the right hand Ctrl-key could be an Item Shortcut key. The player would choose which item to assign.

The situation I'm thinking of it this: You're happily slashing away, and have just attacked a new creature when you realise your health is dangerously low. If you had an Item Shortcut key, you could quickly chug your bottle of potion or whatever and fight on without having to run far enough away to give you time to open the menu, click the item you want, click use, close menu.

If you wanted to be greedy, you could have different items assigned to some combinaton of right-Ctrl and the number keys.

Thoughts? How feasible is this?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The item shortcut bar which allows to bind items to the F-keys almost made it into 0.0.24 but got taken out in the last minute because of an user interface problem.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Doubi
Peon
Peon

Post by Doubi »

Really? What keys were going to be used for the menu shortcuts then?
And are there any plans to bring something like an item-shortcut back in?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It already works quite well in the 0.1 version (client for the new server). If we put it into 0.0.25 or not depends on if someone feels like programming a comfortable interface for assigning items to the key slots.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
knivey
Novice
Novice

Re: (Possibly) Simple control idea

Post by knivey »

couldn't this be made just like the item belt on diablo
if so i would be willing to make a patch for it
All your base are belong to us.