Posted Guild System

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

MathGeek
Novice
Novice

Posted Guild System

Post by MathGeek »

The Guild System is now posted. Haven't got all the details worked out, but it's coming together pretty fast.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

It seems to come along nicely, just keep in mind that all these features should be implemented in the server. So be careful on adding features if you don't have an idea on how to implement them :roll:
About registering a guild I think it should be a quite hard process. I think it's better to have players do a lot of quests before being able to register it.

Keep on with the good work
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

What does everyone think if PC guilds can make up their own jobs? I've been talking with Mathgeek about doing this (in addition to the standard guilds, since PC guilds take a while to get esatblished).

Basically, guilds can get a certain number of points to spend on bonuses and such to build a class type. Members of the guild can be awarded that class. Higher ranks within the guild can have better and better classes, but only a certain number of people can hold titles above rank one (proportional to the size of the guild, like a pyramid structure).
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

That sounds interesting and cool. ^_^
MathGeek
Novice
Novice

Post by MathGeek »

I've posted a small Tech Page for anyone who wants a behind the scenes view. If you have any requirements that your system will require feel free to e-mail me.

I'm only trying to get the basics in place to start, and I'll get everything I can to Kyokai early this week. I'm working fulltime, but I'll try to get this inplace quickly.
MathGeek
Novice
Novice

Post by MathGeek »

Maybe Kyokai is over worked. Just checking out what's new, and found that there's a ton happening right now. Would anyone else volunteer to be my go-between until I get my SF account, and join the dev team? Should be middle of this week.
MathGeek
Novice
Novice

Post by MathGeek »

Been a while since I had any free time to work on the Guild System. I need a little more information from other system that would need to talk to the Guild System. I'd also appreciate any feedback on the general idea.
MathGeek
Novice
Novice

Post by MathGeek »

The Guild System is on the TMW Wiki Site. The Technical information has been wiped out, but I'll re-create that soon enough. Please give any feedback you can.
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Kyokai is working on his own project and has little time for mana world ( i know cause i have been helping him out) But i did tell him i have to concentrate more on TMW because i believe in teams that have a good prepared team and one's that have there focus on the game.

About the guild thing. When we can get a guild up i would like you put my guild in first since i made the first clan on the game. The guild is called the Elders Council. I will assign another (non dev) player to also lead this guild since it is not fully fair to have a developer run the guild. But who says i dont have other characters....Magick is always watching you guys so..play nice

:twisted:

~Magick~
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

MathGeek wrote:The Guild System is on the TMW Wiki Site. The Technical information has been wiped out, but I'll re-create that soon enough. Please give any feedback you can.
What do you mean with it having been wiped out?

Edit: I see, a page we forgot to port over from the old wiki. I've ported it now so it's available here:
http://themanaworld.org/wiki/index.php/ ... _technical
MathGeek
Novice
Novice

Post by MathGeek »

I guess I didn't search hard enough. Sorry abouth that Bjørn.

Would it be possible to get my hands on the server code, and see how I can add guilds into it?
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

You can check out the tmwserv CVS module. I'm not sure if adding guild support is a good idea right now, but you can try to figure out how you'd add it and maybe start prototype.