Main page of the wiki

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Simeon
Peon
Peon

Main page of the wiki

Post by Simeon »

The current main page of the wiki provides quite a few links but it's not always easy to find what you're looking for (at least that's my experience). The information for players and developers is not strictly separated: the list on the left mixes general information with very specific development information (changelog of SVN) - interesting, but not directly relevant or understandable to new players. Other examples are the roadmap and dependencies.

I'm proposing a different setup of the main page which can be viewed here: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... n/Sandbox1 - the idea is to clearly separate player/development information and to separate the development information as well for artists/mappers/story writers/programmers and others. Some pages are for programmers and artists so I couldn't always separate the information very strictly but programmers need to read it anyway because they implement it.

It's not finished and it needs some touching (for example, the miscellaneaous section seems useless now) but I was wondering how others think about it. It's a bit longer too so not all information is available "above the fold"; it may need some shortening because of this. As the project grows, it'll no longer be possible to navigate the project from a single page so we may need some more navigational pages (perhaps one for mappers, one for artists, one for programmers, et cetera).
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I like it.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I like it too. I noticed the header is now a few pixels wider than the two boxes, please make sure it still aligns properly. :)
Simeon
Peon
Peon

Post by Simeon »

Thanks for spotting that - it's now aligned and I've replaced the main page with this new version :)