Hackers an theyre technique

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Shaddow
Peon
Peon

Hackers an theyre technique

Post by Shaddow »

They aren't neccesarily even reached the level of hacker yet just some smarter then average kids that figured out what a packet is.... Their weapon of choice is of course 01010111 01010000 01000101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111. They've been able to drop items over maps that aren't real they've found ways to duplicate gold and scam people using simple packets for trading and merchants. I'm not here to inform people how to do it but to bring to their attention of what amateurs are capable of. Which brings to my attention what actions are you guys taking to protect the server....?
=d w/e... go play with matches or somethin
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Hackers an theyre technique

Post by Crush »

Shaddow wrote:Which brings to my attention what actions are you guys taking to protect the server....?
None, because eAthena is garbage.

TMWServ on the other hand is much more secure by design. Such trivial exploits will not be possible with TMWServ.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Shaddow
Peon
Peon

Post by Shaddow »

good enough answer for me lol I just wanted to see what the response would be XD.

on another note if anyone could find it in their heart to donate some coin to the I got a crappy computer and I accidentally broke my laptop foundation =d?????? plz =D no but seriously it would be much appreciated.
=d w/e... go play with matches or somethin
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

None, because eAthena is garbage.
I'm glad to hear you saying that because those are my thoughts exactly.

While I'm not an official developer for TMW, I've had a look around the server code and it's pretty tight from what I've been able to understand so far (there's a lot of code to go through so I've only really looked at what was relevant for me).

Anyway, point is, I'm sure there are flaws that will eventually come up but for the most part, the server package is really good. I know when I'm able to I'll do my best to break apart the server and report my findings to the developers... :)
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

leeor_net wrote:Anyway, point is, I'm sure there are flaws that will eventually come up but for the most part, the server package is really good. I know when I'm able to I'll do my best to break apart the server and report my findings to the developers... :)
Well, of course it would be stupid to claim that tmwserv isn't going to be exploitable or something. The main difference with eAthena will be that we will be actively fixing any ways people find to exploit or abuse the server.
redwolf
Peon
Peon

Post by redwolf »

let's face it... it'll acually be THEIR server when the switch happens... they can do anything, and that includes better ways to stop hackers.
I am the RESTER
Come to take away your PAIN
I am an EQUALIZER
I am here to make it rain BLOOD
upon the justice unfulfilled
i give life
and i take it away
I AM THE ONE.