Wasting health-items error(?)

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

blueberry
Novice
Novice

Wasting health-items error(?)

Post by blueberry »

Sometimes it happens to me that when i drink beer and accidently press the use button too often, that even the health bar is full, the item is used(wasted).
My Question: Is this on purpose, or could you change it in that way, that if health=100%, no more items can be used?

btw: a shortcut selling items would be very nice.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Wasting health-items error(?)

Post by Bjørn »

Since the client doesn't know what using an item does, it can't know that it is pointless to "use a beer" when your health is full. Possibly the server-side implementation of the beer (or any just-health-gaining item) could do this sanity check and report back to the client that the player is already fully healed.

I'm not sure if we can implement this in eAthena, but it's certainly something to think about for our own server.

Note that you should also consider adding feature requests like this (and the shortcut for selling) to our task tracker (http://mantis.themanaworld.org/).