Login Gateway

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Elven Programmer wrote:We could allow multiple characters but please let's avoid sharing between different characters...
There are ways to get prevent it, but in the end, people will still find ways. Unless we ban trading items and money altogether, we are bound to have people sharing with themselves, and of course we can't ban trading.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

One way to get rid of most of the same-player sharing: disallow sharing between characters that were created on the same IP. Sure, people will still make characters just to share with themselves, but most people won't bother finding other computers to use and installing TMW on them just to do so. I don't know how difficult that would be, though. Coders?
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

heh i can create a char with m ip can disconnect and reconnect and have a new ip
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

It's really just an impractical thing to prevent, and I don't see a real need to do so. Even if you can share the greatest equipment in the game and stuff, our restriction system still keeps players from doing anything more than looking cool while they wear them. Does anyone see a valid reason that same-player-trading needs to be prevented?
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Hey hey, I don't want to implement hard things, it's just that a player shouldn't be able to store his armor in the bank with a character and then get it with another one by simply going to the bank. If someone has a friend he could give his armor and then give it back to him, no problem.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Elven Programmer wrote:Hey hey, I don't want to implement hard things, it's just that a player shouldn't be able to store his armor in the bank with a character and then get it with another one by simply going to the bank. If someone has a friend he could give his armor and then give it back to him, no problem.
Of course, that seems like the most obvious thing to do.
View the Systems