GUI suggestion ...

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

zick
Novice
Novice

GUI suggestion ...

Post by zick »

I'm making this suggestion to help the GUI a little bit. It looks like alot of the GUI is configured by the config.xml file in the program directory. I think alot of the windows should be more configurable. Every window should have a height, width, x-position, y-position at least plus some windows can have other window specific options. Also each window should be scalable an able to resize the objects inside (like the Inventory window) ... Example: Right now you can only narrow the inventory window to the width of the icons for items displayed (I only have 7 items and my window can only be as narrow as those 7 items). It should be that if I want to make it more narrow than the 7 items I have, than the other items should drop to the next line, kinda like word-wrapping. Same goes with the total weight/max. weight portion of this window; if we narrow the window now it covers up that text, while it should just be wrapped to a new line, thus pushing the icon area down. When we get a skill system (with the new server) that window should be allowed to scale the percentage bars to the width of the window. Also each window should allow us to remove some of the objects inside, like the window title or the close button or the resize handle. If we've configured our windows the way that we want them why would we want to resize them or move them around. I'm a big fan of using the keyboard to do things and am finding it annoying to have to switch to the mouse to close or move a window. I should be able to move it to the position I want it and then be done with it. By toggle it on and off with the keyboard, why would I need to waste screen real estate with a title bar, etc.

I'm not sure if some of these options are limited by the current GUI system (guichan I think), but these suggestions would really improve the usability of all the dialogs and allow us to build our own custom status screen if you will.

Also add an option for a button that toggles the visibility of all GUI windows at once allowing us to turn all the windows off an de-clutter our game screen. Ans another button for "tabbing" from one window to another as well as the ability to select a selectable field by using our keyboard (like on the status screen so that we could select the value we want to upgrade after a level up - instead of whipping out my mouse). The more stuff you can do just from the keyboard (or better yet, gamepad), the more enjoable the game experience will be IMO.