Sleep position?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Sleep position?

Post by Saphy »

We have sit position, but what about sleep position? It should be quite easy to implement, using the player dead frame, but with better coloured face.

It can be used for a.f.k. (player will go to sleep when idled for like 30 minutes).
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Re: Sleep position?

Post by yosuhara »

Saphy wrote:We have sit position, but what about sleep position? It should be quite easy to implement, using the player dead frame, but with better coloured face.

It can be used for a.f.k. (player will go to sleep when idled for like 30 minutes).
maybe sleeping player can be covered with blanket or something like that... to make it look more comfortable...just a thought
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

or a "ZZZZZZ" particle effect.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Krysiul
Peon
Peon

Post by Krysiul »

I think that it would be better without the blanket. It should look like a short snooze, not like a deep sleep.
And1

Post by And1 »

Hey guys...

Or what about some kind of away-messages (just like a "zZzZ..." above the character)? =)

And maybe the char closes his eyes after, don't know, 30 minutes idle-time...? =)

So long, Andii =)
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

perhaps if the player activates this, it could result in faster regeneration
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

Keep in mind that each new player position/animation requires the new position/animation to be done to EVERY piece of clothing as well. This is obviously not impossible, but the idea of adding new frames to every piece of armor is daunting. That is unless, of course, if you can make it work with the current positions/animations.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

It was stated at the beginning of thread that it would be based off death pose which all armor is already made for so no extra sprites are needed. :)
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

I saw that, but I also see some people suggesting things like blankets, which could be an overlay, but I just thought I would restate that aspect.

I personally would prefer a separate pose for sleeping myself. I know it is more work for the pixel artists, but I think it is work well spent. I also think we should consider new animations that might be used in spells/etc., but that is another topic for another thread.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I agree, using death animation is quite fine.

Regards.
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

I believe there are plans for additional positions including a 'sleep' type position. I just checked the latest SVN revision (3973) and it has not been added to the being definitions so it may be some time before we see that. More than likely it's not a priority so this would be set on the backburners.

But that's just my thoughts and assumptions... the devs may have different plans... :)
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

Why not display a static on/off AFK emoticon?
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Because it is kinda not rpgish.

Regards.