Spawn area when you die

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

MrDan
Peon
Peon

Spawn area when you die

Post by MrDan »

I was just thinking. Why not have the spawn place when you die be somwhere closer to where you died ( ie, if you are in snow country you would spawn in snow town...) I find it lame that when you are one of about 15 or 20 who go to the snake cave or anywhere else for that matter, that you have a long trek to get back. I have found that instead of going through the hassle of trekking back to town that if I start attacking Evil flower or mushroom, then take off armor I die and get to town the fast way ("taking the express train"). Great for quickly getting back to town but a bit lame when you want to get back to where you are/died. If you die in hostile territory, you could spawn just outside such territory in a safe zone.

What are the thoughts of the people? (aside from typos and lack of grammar) :wink:
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Spawn area when you die

Post by Bjørn »

I think it would be good if you could choose to spawn in snow or forest village once you visited there. If somebody knows how to change respawn location on eAthena, then this person is welcome to experiment with this.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

http://kismet.files.deltaanime.net/script_commands.html#savepoint wrote:*savepoint "<map name>",<x>,<y>;
*save "<map name>",<x>,<y>;

This command saves a point that the invoking character will return to upon
'return to save point' if dead or in some other cases. The two versions are
equivalent. Map name, X coordinate and Y coordinate should be perfectly obvious.
This ignores any and all map flags, and can make a character respawn where no
teleportation is otherwise possible.

savepoint "place.gat",350,75;
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
pedram
Peon
Peon

Post by pedram »

just simply touch one of those new stones in the area you're going to fight or where you wanna be respawned and from then on you will be respawned at the stonelocation....

nothin' more
MrDan
Peon
Peon

Post by MrDan »

:lol: yah that kinda showed up after I posted.