pvp suggestion

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Habari
Novice
Novice

pvp suggestion

Post by Habari »

there are two tipes of killings :

Ethical killings:

killing in the arena(inside pvp zone)
killing after an accepted challenge(outside pvp zone)
killing criminals (in or out)

unethical killings:

everything else

minus one for unethical killings
plus one for passing long time without unethical killings
if you have (-5) you become criminal (jail , etc)
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Re: pvp suggestion

Post by feline monstrosity »

This is basically the same as this: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... m_old_wiki
~Feline Monstrosity
Hexico
Peon
Peon

Post by Hexico »

I think a whole "cops and robbers" system would be great.

All unethical killings(even your very first) will put you in the local bounty for murder. This makes you a rogue/outlaw/"robber". Heroes/"cops" can go ahead and answer these bounties. Obviously, like in most games, players prefer the robber role instead of the cop role because they are free to choose their prey, so I think there should be greater rewards for successful defeats of robbers. Also, there would be two bounty lists, one for currently active players and one for offline players. Answering the active bounty list will give you some sort of GPS or tracking device so you may find the person you are looking for. If not directly leading you to them, just telling you what map they're in.

I think the rewards should be dynamic, and go up and down so that there's better rewards for fighting on the lesser populated side.. Obviously you can't go from being a criminal to a hero in a day but this could influence new players to fill gaps in the teams.
mon
Peon
Peon

Post by mon »

I agree with Hexico. Although for the GPS tracking, why not an info at the bounty office showing their last known location instead of a tracker. This would make allow players o interact with other players in that area. And as the hunted moves to different locations, so must the last known location be updated. As for organized PvP, there is a suggestion on the wiki to allow guilds to fight each other at a predetermined place and time. The only limiting factor is the number of players present. I also assume that there would be a keyboard shortcut allowing the targeting of the nearest character, where you can choose to trade and attack instead of clicking on them. I still like an arena that have bleachers where other players can watch. Which means the whole fighting area can be viewed on the screen. It would also be nice to be able to choose between a fight to the death or just barely alive (maybe 5% of total hp), or maybe just scratch him (first blood). Each players can have the option of choosing differently. Like, in order for you to loose, you must die. And to win, just reduce the other players hp to a set percentage.
a.k.a. - Achel