Dynamic prices to control inflaction

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Habari
Novice
Novice

Re: Dynamic prices to control inflaction

Post by Habari »

here is my graphic
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Habari wrote:i would like ti point out that in real life money isnt destroyed or "taken out of the world" and yet the economy works
In real life economy you also don't have NPCs who have unlimited money and use it to buy useless stuff which is then destroyed. That's the reason why game economies don't work without a money sink.

Regarding the graphic you posted: Sorry, but I don't understand the meaning of the arrows.

By the way: You made 3 consecutive postings in under one hour. Next time please use the Image button when you want to add something to your last post.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

omg please let me buy you a visio license ;)
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

I haven't put a ton of thought into this, but I know I have mentioned it before. I would like to see the money that players give to NPCs go to a pot which could then be used by the world. Maybe something along the lines of having more services or nicer buildings for a particular village/town that has more product purchased from it. Equally, maybe it would be possible to have a set amount of money that NPCs can use to purchase items from players, which could be taken from that pot. The problem I see with that is where does money come from then? I guess it could be limited to quests and monster drops, but from the sounds of things, that would change portions of game design (the argument that comes to mind is "why would mobs drop money?").
Shaggy
Novice
Novice

Post by Shaggy »

Dr Wahl wrote:(the argument that comes to mind is "why would mobs drop money?").
Why would mobs drop many of the things they do drop?
Enjoyed The Mana World? Then check out Aethyra (http://www.aethyra.com).