Project List

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

sj16936724
Peon
Peon

Project List

Post by sj16936724 »

Does the TMW website have some sort of system to manage various projects people are undertaking? I've seen the 'list of essential projects' thread, but that gets a little messy, and I have seen quite a few half-completed projects that were never finished from months ago that if not finished by the original author, could have been finished by someone else, yet were forgotten as they slowly sunk into the depths of the forum.

My suggestion is that a system be set up where people can create a project, upload the related files, have people comment on them, update the files (yet keep the old files within reach), but implement it in a way where no project will ever hit the second page on the project list. Once a project hits page 2, in a lot of cases, you never hear from it again. It would also be nice to always keep the latest uploads at the top. Other suggestions for a system like this would be to put projects into categories (essential, finished, closed, looking for new developer, etc.) so that at a glance, you could see whether contributions were needed.

I'm quite sure Mantis or the Wiki could possibly do this, but I've looked through the TMW Mantis and Wiki, but I found nothing of the sort.

Again, if something of this nature already exists, I would like to know. If someone decides that this is a good idea, and wants to get it running, I can possibly help. I have quite a bit of experience with PHP. Security on the other hand...
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Project List

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Mantis itself is a good tool for this, but not everything works well in it.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Project List

Post by Crush »

Our Mantis task tracking system is almost exactly the system you are describing. Some people just don't use it as intensively as they should (Unfortunately I am no exception in this regard).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.