Stat-rewards for Quests

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Stat-rewards for Quests

Post by 5t3v3 »

I think a nice addition could be small quests that affect your stat. For example you pass by a shootingtarget, when you click it you get a message, there's a shooting target, do you want to shoot an arrow at it? There's a high chance to miss, but once you hit it you get a small dexterity reward. Once you got the reward you can no longer shoot at it.

Of course what most of you will be thinking now is, well what about the leveling-curve? If you do this when your dex=5, the reward will equal 1 statpoint in value, whereas if someone with dex=90 does this, his reward would be worth a lot more statpoints (12 I think, right?).

Well I've thought of a way around it. What if you have a duplicate of each stat. For example when you start you have str1=5 and str2=0 When you level up and use statpoints you can only add to str1 and when you do a quest that rewards strength it'll be given to "str2". That way the bonuses have no influence on the leveling curve. Then when you attack instead of str+damageofweapon, your attack would be str1+str2+valueofweapon.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Stat-rewards for Quests

Post by Rotonen »

More likely would be gear, which affect your stats.
This message used to be meaningful.