Currency system!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Currency system!

Post by Bear »

its come ot my attention while doing a script that we need a Currency type.
When i say type, i mean the name of our currency!.
If you still dont understand -_-.
letsee..
Ragnarok: Zeny
LineageII: Adena
others: umm.... mostly those
Maple story: meso.....
Maester Pixel
Peon
Peon

Post by Maester Pixel »

I understand, but we already have a name, its GP. I don't exactly know what the initials stand for (Gold Points?), but from what I can tell GP is tmw's currency at the moment.
others: umm.... mostly those
Here are some you probably missed or overlooked: money, gold, coins, gil, credits.
Don't forget that their are many, many more names to choose from, I just don't have the intelligence span nor the patience to go find them.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Ruble ;)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Well we're using GP yes, I didn't think at it anymore, it's Secret of Mana currency so we have to change it, to get far from it. Anyway it stands for Golden Pieces.

I think we still have to decide if we will have different currencies in the different kingdoms. We could use euros :lol:

Ok let's propose some names: semy, xen, ... Well you already understood I'm really not able to find good names :lol:
benjamin
Peon
Peon

Post by benjamin »

Elven Programmer wrote:...some names: semy, xen, ... Well you already understood I'm really not able to find good names :lol:
I don't know why I kept misreading that to say "sexy, men"
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

well you switch the x and m and thats what it says lol... kinda funny... anything we dont know..... (just messin with ya)

gold or anything like that you could use if you wanted I know some game(s) use it but its not like unique.

I say Trills or Trils

I dunno
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

http://themanaworld.org/wiki/?Currencies

This has been here for awhile. Tell me if you think it needs to be changed, but I think it will hold up pretty well. Think "Secret of Evermore".
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

if there are soo many types of money --... im wondering if npc's will have the AI to differentiate between them all
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Woah I want cubes in the whole mana world.

Cubes, cubes, cubes... 8)
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I like many of those money ideas, and I like the idea of having different kinds of money. I don't foresee any particular problem with having the AI cope with that, as probably all types of money will simply have a certain exchange rate towards one common money unit they use to reason about money.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Idea!

Post by Bear »

Heres a different but unique way to do this... money.... central currency will be GP, but in different areas, monsters drop items like.... Horn/Koa Leaflet/and a bunch of different items. these can be used as currency, if u ever played Chrono trigger, this system was used for trading in the 65,000,000bc time...
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Idea!

Post by Kyokai »

Bear wrote:Heres a different but unique way to do this... money.... central currency will be GP, but in different areas, monsters drop items like.... Horn/Koa Leaflet/and a bunch of different items. these can be used as currency, if u ever played Chrono trigger, this system was used for trading in the 65,000,000bc time...
What bear is talking about is the currency system that was used in the prehistoric period of Chrono Trigger (and in the Antiqua Marketplace of Secret of Evermore)

Basically, you would get generic items like ruby, leaf, talon, rice, etc. The merchants in town, instead of asking for 300 gp, or 250 gp, ask for 2 rubies, or 3 talons and some rice. This is alot closer to item creation events in RO, where NPCs ask for so many small items in exchange for one large item.

I think this could work in several remote villages, where players can trade for things they really want, or for the signature goods of the village. This could add alot of flavor to a tribal society. As something for mainstream cities, it might annoy players a bit too much.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.