Suggested Item - Quicksand

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

ikms
Peon
Peon

Suggested Item - Quicksand

Post by ikms »

I would like to see Quicksand introduced into TMW
My starting suggestion is:

That if any player stays in the same place for greater than 5 minutes without moving at least one square in any direction,
then the ground where they were standing begins to turn to quicksand. - Thus killing the player

This should eliminate unattended BOTS who may use a variety of methods to aquire XP points without actually playing the game.

More items like the herbs need to be introduced, as they cannot easily be aquired by BOTS.

Another option is to test each player at each level up, (ask what hidden charcter they can see in a jumbled puzzle), to ensure we are dealing with a real person.
octalot
Novice
Novice

Re: Suggested Item - Quicksand

Post by octalot »

Would be defeated by a bot that moved one square left or right (alternately) every minute.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Also, while it would make sense in the desert, it wouldn't make sense at all in other locations.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
ikms
Peon
Peon

Post by ikms »

Yes you are 100% correct,

I actually saw a Bot doing something very similiar to what you mentioned this in the "Bat Cave" yesterday,
It moved 4 squares forward then 4 squares back with a delay of about a minute between the moves.

The frequency and concentration of Monsters in the "Bat Cave" and the "Mine" seem to lead to a concentration of BOTS in these locations.
I wonder if this happens with the "Mountain Snakes" or not ? ?

However with the sparse nature of Herbs, I dont believe I have seen, a BOT able to gather them yet.
I do imagine that a clever programmer could probably even write a Bot to do this.

Even a "Challenge" every now, say at every 25% of each level up above 30.
Then a Player would have to identify a hidden code within a picture to continue on.
(At least this mean some human intervention would be required to allow the BOT to continue)

I wonder what solutions there are in other on-line games to BOT's ?
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

ikms wrote:I wonder what solutions there are in other on-line games to BOT's ?
Reporting them to moderators? :p
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "