More uses for raw materials means more fun?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

More uses for raw materials means more fun?

Post by Wombat »

I've had a great time with the recent changes to the game. I especially like the drops that are a material component to making other items. I'm sure developers are already working on new ways to increase this in one way or another.

When the dyer "sink" went into needing raw materials to build, it got me thinking. What if we had more sinks where players acquired the materials needed to build things in the game? I think if we had one sink a month (or every other, if this would be taxing on other things) it would be awesome for keeping higher level players busy.

I want to say something like this is happening to "Angus" in the new healing potion house and I anticipate learning what he is fixing.
Current character is "Abolish".
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: More uses for raw materials means more fun?

Post by Platyna »

There will be more and more raw materials in game and more and more uses for them. And it will be very soon.

Regards.
VexxedTubbs
Peon
Peon

Post by VexxedTubbs »

Although the new material based drops used to create cool new armour or weapons is good, the basis of actually acquiring them is killing a vast number of monsters.

Everything in the game is based on killing loads of monsters and it would be nice for a different method of acquiring materials such as those featured in other mmorpg's like using the logs from the loghead and the pile of ash from a fire goblin to create a fireplace and set up a camp or something.

It could be a new project aside from quests that would keep those players who have already achieved a full armour set and at a high level interested.

This could also leave room to have a sort of King of the hill type game that has a number of players that need to protect a team camp from monsters...possibly upgrades to keep smaller ones at bay.

This could be a feature that gives this game the edge.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

so, you figured this idea is so good that you just had to post the exact same post in two separate places so nobody would miss it? :p
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
VexxedTubbs
Peon
Peon

Post by VexxedTubbs »

Yes, just in case...

I have also thought of some new items that could exist, but just for you, i'll only post it here.

Obvious items: Leather Boots (using either mt snake skin or other), Steel toe capped boots (making use of similar materials as the shield), Bow Masters glove (bringing increased accuracy) and many more obvious additions.

Obscure changes:
- Proper enemies for gaining leather...cow/bull maybe to rival the mouboo
- Better distribution of defence points between chest plates and helmets (only because it seems a bit expensive to pay double the price of platemail for a 2% increase in defence).