Warlord Helmet defese lowered?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Warlord Helmet defese lowered?

Post by Crush »

The people from Gravity who designed the RO game mechanics have surely thought a lot about them. Messing with them will most likely just make things worse.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

5t3v3 wrote:
Crush wrote:We are getting closer and closer to the magical 100% defence mark.

I am afraid that we have to do a general nerv of all defence items in the intermediate future.
Woudln't it be easier to make defence point-wise (like vit) instead of percentage-wise?
How would that work? BTW, def will never reduce damage below 1 point.
Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

Elrrohir wrote:is almost impossible to hit anything from a safe distance
It definetely is possible to hit monsters from a safe distance.
the janitor
Peon
Peon

Post by the janitor »

its even possible to hit em safe with a sword
you should be able to pull it out with a bow
ecoute le fou dans son silence la tempete hurle

I AM THE JANITOR
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

The farther you attack from, the harder it gets. I can't remember if you lose accuracy or damage.
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

Allow me to put forth the concept of a new index called "Maximum Attainable Reduction of Damageby Items" (MARDI), which is simply the sum of the defense values of the best possible equipment you can have concurrently, at any given point in time.

Before those changes and the introduction of shields, about a month ago, MARDI stood at 64%. Since then, we've seen Warlord/Crusade Helmets -7 to 18, Leather Gloves +1 to 4, and the shield slot actually usable for something (+20 to 20), so MARDI is now 78.

This raises the question: What's the proper value of MARDI to make for the best game? How high is too high? 75? 80? 90? A low-70s MARDI seems about right to me, but if anyone cares about this idea I'd like to see what you think...

Also, isn't there a squeeze with the upper body slot contributing 27 and the leg armor only able to account for 6, so that we can't really get much more out of a new leg armor item without driving MARDI to a value that's too high by all indications?

I'd like to propose a reduction of chain/plate/warlord armor to 12/16/20 respectively. This does a bit to alleviate the problem of "Warlord costs twice as much as Platemail, but for only 2 extra points of defense", and puts MARDI at 71 while freeing up some points to make better equipment in the other slots if it's decided that it can safely go higher than that. I seem to remember a long-ago time when Chain/Plate were erroneously listed as 12/14 (probably about a year ago, when MARDI was a dismal 44 even with those items' correct values)--where did those values originate from, anyway, and are they closer to what the items really ought to provide?