Make Forest Bow and Fur Quests Less Boring

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Make Forest Bow and Fur Quests Less Boring

Post by Wombat »

I suggest the cutting the chance of getting the proper item in half. With all the new quests going on, these early quests can drag on for hours longer than they benefit. A person going into the north of Hurnscald mine killing red slimes will have the forest bow faster than a person killing logheads. Fluffies are also a long and boring grind with a 1-in-30 chance for two items.

Both these quests are XP killers, money killers and when commonly taken on, slow player progression when it should encourage it. Some individuals and guilds will help people doing these quests, but even at high levels, I kill logheads slower than mountain snakes with over a 75% reduction in XP awarded. According to my interpretation of "game theory" more powerful people will be less likely to help new people because of this difference in time spent vs. award granted.
Current character is "Abolish".
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Make Forest Bow and Fur Quests Less Boring

Post by Wombat »

also Sandra's quest could be for 10 regular scorpion stingers instead of 5 red. This would get the quest running for new people right after the bug leg quest. I think it would be more enjoyable for early players to get this quest.
Current character is "Abolish".