feedback on the latest exp modification

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

doorsman
Warrior
Warrior

feedback on the latest exp modification

Post by doorsman »

Im not against the idea of encouraging players to work in teams, but im not sure that the way that the exp was rebalanced is the way to do it, since it"s almost impossible now to train alone... Many players love to train alone (i'm one of them ) and train in teams with friends sometimes... I think the system should encourage players to train in team by increasing the exp amount, but that the monsters should give the exp they were giving before the update. The variable exp when training alone is really insane... I tryied it... As example, it took me 5 arows to kill a snake that gave me 214exp. (as opposition to 4 arrows to get 400exp before) that really not the way it should be. That need to be fix fast i think... Or maybe even reversed and re-implemented when the system will be full and approved by many ppl, not only 3-4 persons. I might be wrong though, but those are my opinions

doors
Still on freenode network #manacentral. On the Web at www.manacentral.net

Patience, Integrity and Truth. A harsh Reality...

doors
crazy
Peon
Peon

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Post by crazy »

i agree with you it is good to encourage people to exp in team but make imposible to exp alone is not so good

doorsman wrote:Many players love to train alone (i'm one of them ) and train in teams with friends sometimes...

about exping alone is not a matter just of taste but if there is low player online the hour's someone plays?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The exp of snakes was reduced because they were quite overrated, but the exp reward for other monsters which were pretty underrated was increased. You will notice that it is now much more rewarding to hunt some monsters which were known for giving "crap exp".

Also note this thread were the exp rebalancing of individual monsters was discussed: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5439
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

I am not in favor of this change...all it does it encourage us to go enmasse the Jack O and that's it, afterall he's the only real 'group' monster there is. Where's the fun if we have to go in groups all the time?

I understand the need and want for variation...however giving us 88xp for a red slime is a bit...well sad really. Maybe you could put a cap on how low/how high the XP can go?

I know I preferred it the way it was before.
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
celso
Peon
Peon

Post by celso »

honestly, in my opinion, it was a good decision doing this change. i was killing snakes in group and was receiving for each snake most of times 300xp, 500xp and almost 700xp. always near that numbers. its a good decision for me.
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

doorsman wrote:Im not against the idea of encouraging players to work in teams, but im not sure that the way that the exp was rebalanced is the way to do it, since it"s almost impossible now to train alone... Many players love to train alone (i'm one of them ) and train in teams with friends sometimes... I think the system should encourage players to train in team by increasing the exp amount, but that the monsters should give the exp they were giving before the update....

doors
I am also one who mostly trains alone. I agree completely with doorsman on this. I like the idea of a bonus for teaming up(very good idea IMO). I think this makes training alone very difficult though. I would like the levels to go back a little closer to what they were but keep the bonus for teaming. I could be wrong of course but just giving feedback.

Thanks for your hard work, and thanks for listening.

MK
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

celso wrote:honestly, in my opinion, it was a good decision doing this change. i was killing snakes in group and was receiving for each snake most of times 300xp, 500xp and almost 700xp. always near that numbers. its a good decision for me.
Yes but try and go kill those snakes on your own? You won't get nearly as much. That's the issue...some of us enjoy playing the game for the games sake and not trying to soak up as much XP as possible.

I just don't want TMW to turn into WoW...where you HAVE to team play to get the best items...

Team play should be an added bonus, not something that is needed to level :?
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
whynotdad
Peon
Peon

Post by whynotdad »

I agree with doorsman and his points.

The thing i dislike about the changes is the the monster points are never the same, even when alone. I killed two monsters, one after the other with no on one screen, I didn't even move. The first was 351 pts the second was 127. Why wide spread in points?

I tried this with several different monsters types and get the same varied results. i can adjust to the changes, but i need to know at least the minimum points from each kill.

Thanks Whynotdad
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

Hi,

monsters are now subject to random mutations: more or less HP, more or less damage, faster or slower, harder or easier to hit etc. XP are adjusted accordingly.

-- fate
crazy
Peon
Peon

Post by crazy »

fate wrote: XP are adjusted accordingly.
-- fate

but always alone much lower exp so exp alone is no subject anymore

even when i team with another player i saw same or little less exp than before
( but not all the time i play there is someone to exp together )
so exp is more dificult now unlsee there is player that play same amount of time and same hours in same place to exp

i can not test how exp is for a lower char but in high level is became extremly dificult to get a decent amount of exp
for lower level perhaps the change is not so important since to level they team but for higher level that need to play hours to get exp to level up few of the hours they spent per day are alone if you cut that exp is like not letting them to level up
( at least lokking 2 hours in {15minutes periods} in diferent places and 1+ hours in pit with party from 1 to 5 people i think that with the new changes the leveling up will be possible only in party that are 3+ people ( or 2 bad with not so good exp )
sugarcorgit
Novice
Novice

Post by sugarcorgit »

Seriously devs that is simply not going to work.
sugar
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

Translation: add more monsters to bridge the gap between grass snake and skull?
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

radiant wrote:Translation: add more monsters to bridge the gap between grass snake and skull?
I'm seconding that and also mumbling about more smoothyl progressing weaponry instead of the system of tiny jumps to huge jumps we have now.
This message used to be meaningful.
denis
Peon
Peon

Post by denis »

the mutations change the xp of the monster.but my question is WHY ALL THE MONSTERS ARE WEEKER NOW? i tried it many times.if you fight alone, all monsters give less xp as before.does it mean all the monsters are weaker now? i thought mutations improve the monsters....
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

The monsters now all seem to be weak and provide only a fraction of the previous experience points reward. Relative to the topic of this thread, the points gain of playing solo today is the value of playing in a group yesterday. It doesn't feel like an improvement. But neither did the rapid attack bug fix.

This may be an improvement for beginners, but it's terrible to have a higher level character* with nowhere to go but sideways.

But again, it's too early for me to decide if this is better than before.

I'll agree that we need more rewarding monsters: Sea Maggots, Bat Snakes and Grass Goblins? :P

*edit: changed from 'be a higher level player' to 'have a higher level character'