Page 3 of 6

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 15 Dec 2008, 03:25
by sugarcorgit
I like to fight around the pit some, *snakes* I fight alone mostly. some snakes I get 224 ex some I get 407. Is there some thinking here?
I see none
sugar

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 16 Dec 2008, 06:53
by sugarcorgit
Took me 3 hours of hard work to make 3 lvls. Time to rethink this issue
sugar

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 16 Dec 2008, 10:23
by crazy
sugarcorgit wrote:Took me 3 hours of hard work to make 3 lvls. Time to rethink this issue
sugar


3 hours to make 3 level's at your level? how you do it? i think you must mean something else


as for statistic's that doorsman requested ( after taken permission of whynotdad2 to use his name )
whynotdad2 sayed he get alone 50% less exp

i count 40+% less exp alone and 20% less exp in party from 2-3 people
i "think" i get arround same amount of exp in >5 people party ( i think because the players stayed for 15 minutes only and 1 time happend that and all other "tests" was made in 1+ hours of exping )


but i faced the same problem with ikms mention before 80% of the hours i was playing i have got no party and i could not find anyone to come together.

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 17 Dec 2008, 03:50
by Arilious
Mutations are great.
Greater EXP in groups is great.

However, training alone is all but ridiculous now, especially for higher level players.

Basically, another agreement.

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 17 Dec 2008, 03:54
by Dyna
fate wrote:Perhaps some of you are wondering why we are promoting team play. Here are the reasons:
  • Coordinating with other players takes extra effort and should thus be rewarded.
  • TMW is a multiplayer game (not a solo game with a chat room and shared highscore list); since the current game world design specifically de-emphasies PvP, this means that coop gameplay should be rewarded.
However...now you are forcing us to team play...and go after the same monster over and over and over...when before we were wandering and enjoying the maps while getting XP. I enjoyed going from the woodland area map to the desert and back...I don't understand why TMW is being so pidgeon-holed into being a free 'WoW'? High level players now have (meaning we do not have a choice) to find other players who are willing to waste time killing the skulls or jack o so they can get XP.

Sure the bonus for team play is nice...but that is what it should be...a bonus and not a requirement to be able to level.

I for one am tired of looking at the same boring trees and cave mouth at the Jack O...because it is the only decent XP in the game now... :?

Dyna

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 17 Dec 2008, 12:10
by salmondine
The new exp system has many bad aspects.
I punishes higher level players for leveling.
It eliminates harder monsters from relative exp and punishes archers by increasing arrows to exp ratio.
apparently lowering drop rate at the same time.
Apparently high level characters make just as much (exp per hour) killing giant maggots or anything else, killed alone.
Game balance does not mean all monsters should be equal...what kind of idea is that?
Using bow is now, (nearly) impossible, without spending (3 hrs running mine or psuedo-botting sea slimes) for pearls, just for arrow money.
This may be gang stat related, I am not a dev, so i don't know.
I like to hunt alone, mostly because drop protection doesn't work, I have dial up.
with server lag others with high speed see drop 4-1/2 to 5 sec. before I do (I'm guessing), this equals zero drop protection.
So hunting in group equals no arrow money from drops.(legalizes drop stealing IMHO)
Its not hopeless, I believe there are many ways to balance game.
If you have more questions of me or need help spading exp per hour, I'd be glad to help. Podling in Game...Level 93

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 18 Dec 2008, 03:21
by PIXIE BOBS
So far all it has accomplished is you can't kill anything by yourself someone or a group is always Comming and killing the stuff you startd to kill.
Gang bangers Delight is what the Mana world has come into play now .
You say Drop thief protection I say Compost pile.
why it does not work when you have people standing on your drops and they don't
Blanking MOVE .......
You say Level up .
LMAO OK How now that the game is starting to suck can someone tell me why is it because maybe someone does not have enough time or Moneys to keep it running ?
Are you actually Trying to get people to leave ?
Seems to be working Great Im impressed .NOT . Pixie

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 18 Dec 2008, 03:29
by Jaxad0127
PIXIE BOBS wrote: why it does not work when you have people standing on your drops and they don't
Blanking MOVE .......
They aren't blocking you, you know. ;)

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 18 Dec 2008, 06:16
by doorsman
im sorry Jax, but as a member of the dev team, get the pulse of the community a bit more about that update... it is very unpopular from what i saw to say the least... so the devs need the listen to the community once.. and do what we ask them to do, not just what they "dream" or "think" this game should be... we, the players are playing it, so listen to us once in a while... i think this all ppeople posting here (or almost) are agreeing this update wasnt ready to be released (so it might be good with the good tweaks but for now it's bad).. so devs need to act now to make the game playable again (as it was before this update) and return to their drawing table (bad metaphor but still) and rethink the team bonus and such...

I'm really sad to see you're asking for players feedback but don't listen to them as you should

(PS. take the "you" as the dev team not as individual person)

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 18 Dec 2008, 14:33
by Turmfalke
I don't think updates should be geared to the amount of pleased player it might produce within the first few days. The main focus of development is currently tmwServ(or at least I hope so). The idea behind this project is to create a Server/Client application witch alloweds other people to host there own mana worlds. Just see it as a test like it is, if they want to know how the player evolution changes then they lower the xp/effort value, accept it! This is only a testing server. Perhaps some one with database access should raise every char to 99 to demonstrate what testing and alpha means.

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 18 Dec 2008, 16:46
by Crush
doorsman wrote:im sorry Jax, but as a member of the dev team, get the pulse of the community a bit more about that update... it is very unpopular from what i saw to say the least... so the devs need the listen to the community once.. and do what we ask them to do, not just what they "dream" or "think" this game should be... we, the players are playing it, so listen to us once in a while...
Players often don't know what's best for the game, because they only think what's best for the advancement of their characters and not about what would be best for gameplay in the long run.

How about that: double exp, would that make you happy? No wait, tripple, quadruple, ten times exp! Sounds great, doesn't it? Ah, screw it, how about that, we all make you level 255 from the start. Wouldn't that be great? We also give you 100 million of cash and every item only costs one GP. You all got everything you ever dreamed of. A gamers paradise, isn't it?

For about ten minutes. Then you will realize that there is nothing to archieve anymore and the game is meaningless without goals and challenges.

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 00:59
by doorsman
Crush, you misunderstood what im asking... i just want the system as it was b4 the update, or something similar... I never asked for double or triple exp and that would be boring if so... Being sarcastic will not help the players cause, but im trying to help if i can... So if you got more comments like that, im not sure i wanna hear them, im just trying to be serious and constructive there..

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 03:43
by MasterKenobi
Crush wrote:
doorsman wrote:im sorry Jax, but as a member of the dev team, get the pulse of the community a bit more about that update... it is very unpopular from what i saw to say the least... so the devs need the listen to the community once.. and do what we ask them to do, not just what they "dream" or "think" this game should be... we, the players are playing it, so listen to us once in a while...
Players often don't know what's best for the game, because they only think what's best for the advancement of their characters and not about what would be best for gameplay in the long run.

How about that: double exp, would that make you happy? No wait, tripple, quadruple, ten times exp! Sounds great, doesn't it? Ah, screw it, how about that, we all make you level 255 from the start. Wouldn't that be great? We also give you 100 million of cash and every item only costs one GP. You all got everything you ever dreamed of. A gamers paradise, isn't it?

For about ten minutes. Then you will realize that there is nothing to archieve anymore and the game is meaningless without goals and challenges.
Turmfalke wrote:I don't think updates should be geared to the amount of pleased player it might produce within the first few days. The main focus of development is currently tmwServ(or at least I hope so). The idea behind this project is to create a Server/Client application witch alloweds other people to host there own mana worlds. Just see it as a test like it is, if they want to know how the player evolution changes then they lower the xp/effort value, accept it! This is only a testing server. Perhaps some one with database access should raise every char to 99 to demonstrate what testing and alpha means.
I believe that the whole point of this thread is to get the "players" feedback. Do you want our feedback or not? By these responses it seems that you maybe you don't. I didn't see anyone talking about doubling/tripling experience or raising levels. I also don't see anything that would illicit this type of response.

The fact of the matter is, the exp. modification is unpopular in the game community. In fact, I've talked to dozens of players(in game) and received not one positive comment. I don't agree that it should go back the way it was, but I think it does need tweaking(as I've stated before). I've noticed other players in other threads addressing this very issue(Thx radiant & others) and I have every confidence that the developers will work it out in due time. But to ask for our feedback and then come back with "lets just raise everyone's level to 99 to show them what test means" and "players often don't know what's best for the game" doesn't encourage our honest feedback.

I will say that I like the "idea" intended by the update. It's more realistic(mutation), and encourages team play(team bonus). But it feels like the exp. levels are low for individual players as opposed to those who team up. I could go on, but I would just be repeating what others have already said.

These are just my opinions of course. No offense is meant to any person(s).

MK :)

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 05:35
by kr0n05931
Crush wrote:
doorsman wrote:im sorry Jax, but as a member of the dev team, get the pulse of the community a bit more about that update... it is very unpopular from what i saw to say the least... so the devs need the listen to the community once.. and do what we ask them to do, not just what they "dream" or "think" this game should be... we, the players are playing it, so listen to us once in a while...
Players often don't know what's best for the game, because they only think what's best for the advancement of their characters and not about what would be best for gameplay in the long run.

How about that: double exp, would that make you happy? No wait, tripple, quadruple, ten times exp! Sounds great, doesn't it? Ah, screw it, how about that, we all make you level 255 from the start. Wouldn't that be great? We also give you 100 million of cash and every item only costs one GP. You all got everything you ever dreamed of. A gamers paradise, isn't it?

For about ten minutes. Then you will realize that there is nothing to archieve anymore and the game is meaningless without goals and challenges.
You've lost the entire point of allowing players to play at this stage, the point was to allow players to test things out and make sure it would work with an actual large game population. Spending hours on 1 level at level 30 makes you realize the game is meaningless because no one can achieve the levels to do the really good things in game.

Re: feedback on the latest exp modification

Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 13:54
by Rotonen
The players are providing us how they see the changes in the game. We have our goals for the changes we make and from the responses we can see if we are going the right way to achieve what we're after.

We should have no business to talk back to the feedback line in this thread. Instead we should just keep on tweaking the game and respond that way, indirectly.