The gauntlet

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Len
Knight
Knight

The gauntlet

Post by Len »

Why do we force noobs to run through a map swarming with snakes and black scorpions just to get to their next training area?
omg.PNG
omg.PNG (79.98 KiB) Viewed 2828 times
Pixel Battalion
octalot
Novice
Novice

Re: The gauntlet

Post by octalot »

Please can we switch that area to have the same monsters as the beach?
Retired from TMW; incomplete projects looking for a dev:
Cave foliage (plants up the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5659
Cave wetwalls (water down the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5816
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

I did want to do something about that before I left, I had a patch with it in ready and everything - not that it was going to be a big change only black scorpions swapped for standard ones.
I wasn't too sure how well removing the snakes as well would go down or what would be a suitable replacement for them.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I have some other ideas as well. But replacing the monsters for now would be good.
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

As I was a "noob" I always saw it as a challenge to travel to woodland and yes I often managed it without getting hit by single monster. But I agree that we should have a quest or something similar to tell new players where they will find woodland.
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

Turmfalke wrote:As I was a "noob" I always saw it as a challenge to travel to woodland and yes I often managed it without getting hit by single monster. But I agree that we should have a quest or something similar to tell new players where they will find woodland.
I agree; it was something new and refreshing rather than the standard "kill every monster that stands in your way" approach. You couldn't fight the monsters so you had to avoid them and if they were blocking an entrance then lure them out of the way so as to create a gap for you to run through. It was a challenge I enjoyed every time I had to make the journey.
~Feline Monstrosity
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

feline monstrosity wrote:
Turmfalke wrote:As I was a "noob" I always saw it as a challenge to travel to woodland and yes I often managed it without getting hit by single monster. But I agree that we should have a quest or something similar to tell new players where they will find woodland.
I agree; it was something new and refreshing rather than the standard "kill every monster that stands in your way" approach. You couldn't fight the monsters so you had to avoid them and if they were blocking an entrance then lure them out of the way so as to create a gap for you to run through. It was a challenge I enjoyed every time I had to make the journey.
I think we can create better ways of providing that same feeling (such as randomly spawning bosses)
Pixel Battalion
Elrrohir
Peon
Peon

Post by Elrrohir »

i always loved that part! you feel so safe and all of the sudden u are in a war zone! the only complain about it is the lack of a quest to make use of it. It'll be good to have a quest in that area to make more use of it.

Elrrohir
Toriami
Peon
Peon

Post by Toriami »

I think it was much more fun the old way with all the snakes and black scorpions.....

I never had any problem getting through as a noob.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

That map won't always be a bridge to the woodland.
Fern
Novice
Novice

Post by Fern »

My only problem when I entered that map for the first time was that I didn't know that crossing it would lead me to a calm new place full of killable pinkies and fluffies.

I think that it would be nice to keep the map, but include some NPC that tells you that if you cross it avoiding the monsters you can find a safe place in the other city (maybe use Samuel or Elijah for that).