Problem with maps

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Speedo
Peon
Peon

Problem with maps

Post by Speedo »

I'm going to post some screen caps of locations with the F6 maps showing. I thought the way they show on my screen was, if not useful, at least normal. They are so small I find them almost useless. But I was touring the mountain caves with some others a couple days ago and apparently their view of maps was much better than mine. Someone suggested I reinstall the client so I did (it was the same release) but it didn't improve the maps.
This is to orient you so you can tell where I am
This is to orient you so you can tell where I am
edgecave2.JPG (55.72 KiB) Viewed 856 times
As you can see, I am at the very edge of the map. I and the monsters show up as single pixels. As I move east, I go off the map, like this.
Well east of the visible map
Well east of the visible map
WayOffMap.JPG (45.83 KiB) Viewed 856 times
Then in another place, the map is compressed to be significantly smaller than the frame, making it so dense as to be unreadable...
Red outline shows the area of the map
Red outline shows the area of the map
entrance.JPG (152.28 KiB) Viewed 856 times
This pattern of maps being too small when you're outside and too large for the map window when you're inside seems consistent for the entire area.

If this is a known problem or operates as intended, then please ignore my post. But if not, maybe there's something I can do on my end to fix it. Incidentally, I noticed that with the recent release, the interior maps are now shaded and that makes them significantly easier to read. The sizing issue persists, however.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Problem with maps

Post by Jaxad0127 »

0.0.27 better handles over-sized minimaps; they are centered on the player. The other one can't be fixed at the moment as minimaps are pregenerated raster images.