No collision bug?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

pobatti
Peon
Peon

No collision bug?

Post by pobatti »

First off, I hope this is the correct forum to post this stuff :)

There appears to be a problem with Hurnscald that I haven't seen mentioned on these forums or weirdly enough in game either.

Every time I go to Hurnscald (or just pass through the main town area) the game loads the map but doesn't load any of the collision data for that region. This is noticeable from my end since I can walk through solid walls and buildings and even into the water area to the east, yet I am unable to leave the map (I imagine that area exits are just another form of collision zone) until I log out and then back in again.

When I log back in, my character initially loads stuck inside some building with a yellow roof, but within a few seconds I am repositioned near the respawn point and everything runs properly from then on (until I revisit Hurnscald later).

I know I have a laggy internet connection, however I have never had this problem with any other map / region yet it always seems to happen on the Hurnscald map - I appreciate that sometimes the server gets bogged down and I'm experiencing lag quite often which I can accept, yet there does appear to some other issue at work in Hurnscald. This has also only been happening since the most recent auto-update.

Can anyone also confirm this bug and that it's not just at my end?

Also on an unrelated note, I've also noticed that whenever I upgrade my equipment to better stuff my sprite still likes to revert to his old appearance for a while - although this does appear to be purely cosmetic.

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: No collision bug?

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Please update your client. Older clients will do that now. Only versions from 0.0.25 are currently supported.
pobatti
Peon
Peon

Post by pobatti »

Not just me then :)

I shall update my client, should be quick and simple. I had assumed however that the auto-updates would take care of this for me.

Thanks the the speedy reply.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

the auto-updates only updates the content.
Client updates should be done manually.
pobatti
Peon
Peon

Post by pobatti »

jaxad0127 wrote:Please update your client. Older clients will do that now. Only versions from 0.0.25 are currently supported.
You were right about my client being old - Synaptic is showing that I have version 0.0.24.1-1 - however now I'm stuck again since Synaptic doesn't seem to show any newer version available, and running

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install tmw
results in
tmw is already the newest version.
This probably means that the PowerPC version (I'm using a Playstation 3) of the latest client hasn't yet been added to the Ubuntu repositories. Well at least I know where the problem lies, and I should probably attempt to update periodically in case it is added soon. Thanks again anyway :)
ve3txz
Peon
Peon

Post by ve3txz »

i posted how to add the 0.27 to the repository here:

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5851

Aodhan