status effects

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

STATUS EFFECTS??

they are brilliant!!!!
25%
yes, i like them
8%
yes, but need some improvements
50%
yes, but not that way
No votes
i am not sure
8%
no, i don't think they are a good idea
8%
absolutely not
No votes
they are horrendous!!!
No votes

Total votes: 12
Habari
Novice
Novice

status effects

Post by Habari »

http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Status_effects
please discuss and make suggestions
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Re: status effects

Post by kinwa »

i really like the overall idea, i thought about effects on beer or mushes myself -
maybe it's just a few questions on graphics, gameplay and perhaps content.

things that come into my mind:
- i really would abandon things like churches or bible spells. if there should be "religious" content, it could be something new, that just exists in tmw, or symbols that are not associated to a special religion.
- effects that make you speaking random things could end up in spam.
- being unable to talk at all could be too hard, e.g. when a gm asks you something or when youre whispering with someone.
Shaili (a.k.a. tds)
Novice
Novice

Post by Shaili (a.k.a. tds) »

I find useful only the first three ones.
Ingame I am: Shaili, Lv. 9X

Image Proud Italian TMW Player

Image You can find me on Last.fm
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Remember, you can't rely on the client doing any effect. And we can't force the normal client to move anywhere (other than warping).
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

kinwa wrote:- i really would abandon things like churches or bible spells. if there should be "religious" content, it could be something new, that just exists in tmw, or symbols that are not associated to a special religion.
i agree i will change that
kinwa wrote:- effects that make you speaking random things could end up in spam.
mmm, let me think about this
kinwa wrote:- being unable to talk at all could be too hard, e.g. when a gm asks you something or when youre whispering with someone.
it will only be temporary (couple of minutes) , i played a game with something similar and it worked quite well , also i think a icon on top of each player should indicate his status so that every one knows and there are no misunderstandings , surely GM would have special commands to revert satus effects at will
jaxad0127 wrote:Remember, you can't rely on the client doing any effect. And we can't force the normal client to move anywhere (other than warping).
Well , it is supposed to be fun not punishment , if someone wants to hack his client and ruin his own fun , its his problem
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

I say we should stick with the classics (poison, slow, stop, etc.), but I have to say that the "drugged" status effect has one interesting option and that is the seeing things that aren't there. This could be used for seeing mirages in the desert or maybe used after playing for a long time without logging out you start to hallucinate.