Skill System Proposed by me

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Skill System Proposed by me

Post by Bear »

The skill system i propose is to use the Tile system!
Here are a few Pictures to explain

This is your character !, the yellow outline/boxes signify tiles/cells

The Cactus shrubs represent the cast area, or Cast area posibilities.

Same as the second picture.

When a person casts a spell, his character freezes in place. and by doing that, he can use his arrow key to direct where he wants to cast the spell, ofcourse some spells like Heal and so on would be directly on character.

Anyways, what i can say to this is that it gives the player another thing to improve on, instead of jst clicking a skill and clicking the enemy, the player needs to work on his reaction time.

This is very similar to Area Of Effect spells.

Please leave Comments/Discontent notes
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Hm, I don't really think this would be a good idea. I mean, when I want to target someone with a spell, I want to target that person. Rather than having spellcasting confined to discrete directional paths, what about just having targeted spells carry a potential to miss? Particularly if, the farther the target moves away from the spot they were in when targeted, the greater the potential for a miss (what I'm going for here is basically limited seeking with spells, but tempered with a miss potential that exists even if the target never moves).
ader
Peon
Peon

Post by ader »

I want the spell to be place in F1 its like a Shortcut key so if i press F1,i Could target it on an Enemy.

I think thats great i want it a little bit like Ragnarok!!

I love this game. I wish i know how to Program so i could Help!!
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Bear: that would be a legitimate way to do things if we decide to use a tile-based walk system. Since we still haven't chosen whether things will move on a pixel based area or not, it's a little too early to say one wasy or the other.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.