roleplaying server

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

KhaaL
Peon
Peon

roleplaying server

Post by KhaaL »

I wonder if the TMW team has any plans on either opening a RP or RPI server, alternatively make TMW more roleplay encouraging? as it is right now its pretty much a hack n slash fest. you start out with a dagger and start to genocide vermins. i'm not saying that its not fun to kill things, but grinding is a bit of turnoff to me.

with RP encouraging i'm thinking of rewarding players who make intresting characters and stories, interact with other players and get them IC, make intruiges etc... this would make TMW an alive world more than it is now. and it's a good thing to implement now as the movements are restricted to one town and pvp is disabled for now :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: roleplaying server

Post by Crush »

For what we are doing at the moment (client engine testing) we don't need more than one server.

But anyone is free to open his own server. All you need is a machine which is online 24/7 on a broadband connection. The software is freely available:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... up_eAthena
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.