An advanced monster

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Savi
Novice
Novice

An advanced monster

Post by Savi »

There has been talk about camping and lack of movement by players. What about having a monster that runs away from players. If it was an advanced monster that would mean players would have to chase it down in order to attack it. That would at least make it so players would have to move in order to kill a monster. Once it would take damage it would stop running and attack players.
I just figured if there was a way to create an aggressive monster then there would be a way to create a monster that would run away as well.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Re: An advanced monster

Post by Goku »

Then people wouldn't try to lvl on those monsters?
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

I've already posted similar suggestion in the past. For example for thanksgiving we could have a turkey that you need to hunt down. In this specific suggestion, I also suggested that it keeps running even when hit and that the turkey runs faster then players, that way you'd need a team to kill it.
Either way, there should be plenty of "fun" implementations of cowardous monsters. Like runaway slimes for dropthieves.
Last edited by 5t3v3 on 10 Mar 2009, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

It's a great idea and would add more fun to the game, but it wouldn't stop campers.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster