Universal client for all TMW forks [was: Client ideas ...]

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

zick
Novice
Novice

Universal client for all TMW forks [was: Client ideas ...]

Post by zick »

I came up with this idea the other day ... The idea is that the client becomes universal and you don't need to download a new client for every different fork you play. Maybe there could be some kind of config file in the TMW directory that tells the universal client the server's ip address, the update address, the data directory, your login/password for a particular game. Maybe there could be a default set of data that forks could share, like RPGmaker's RTP concept. And if a fork doesn't want to use the default graphics, it can keep it's data separate.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Client ideas ...

Post by Crush »

Everything you are asking for is already possible. Please complain to the TMW forks directly when they decide to do changes which make their servers incompatible with the official client.

[Edited thread subject to be more descriptive]
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.