Can We Reduce "Botting" ?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Re: Can We Reduce "Botting" ?

Post by Jumpy »

hum...

this post is about "how to reduce botting"

or

this post is about "We need more GMs and why you have to create the Deputies dear admins ?"

IMO I spent lots of time (too much i know) in tmw

BUT

:oops: I don't see the need of another GM and less the creation of Deputies corp ! (or maybe only some people want a promotion and/or think they deserve it...)

:shock: Delation, reporting,... stop for a moment please... Where are we standing ? ( i don't say that in repeated way of bad behavings or repeated botting action... but don't make a rule about that: i sware i will report anbody that infriges the tmw rules and so on... omg...)

:shock: Do you want a game in which nobody talks or everyone one goes alone in order not to get reported as they don't know who is who in this tmw "i have 40 chars"... Stop that please...

:P It seems to me also that there is a very good communication between the GM's Team and the veteran in game. Enought for them to have references and experienced opinions and also i am sure that the GM team make their own opinon on it and then discuss them together as a team.

said enought.

:?: may be one more GM if really there are some hours in which nobody from Gm's Team can be found but anyway i don't have any statistic on that so i don't say nothing in yes or not (and i don't think i am anyone to say so)

:idea: make available a

"/GMhelp message" that would give the way to send a pm through the forum

and play the game ;)

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

ya sorry about that goku I needed my wrest :/
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

No, it was my fault. Read the PM I sent you Meway.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
theophilus
Peon
Peon

Post by theophilus »

Personally, i think adding a deputy position could do quite a bit of good. i also don't see any downside to such a position. we can certainly trust the GMs to choose good people, and to review any action from deputies. it sounds to me almost like an "employee of the month" position: there might not be any real benefits, but they might be people you take more seriously, or they'd be first in line to promote to GM.
it would be helpful there, too, since a deputy would have a reputation with the existing GMs, and proven himself generally cool.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Giving the ability to warp is just an idea Wombat. So if the person is botting he can warp him to botcheck map if no Gm is on and leave him there till there is one. If he's not botting he of course would then reply once warped.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

lol i think they would be confused as of why there stuck in a room with no way out wile there in there, that would make the gms have to check that frequently, lol i would laugh so hard if i was a gm and saw them freaking out... because i would know I would be suppose to ban them on top of that. thats what we should do to all botters leave them in a big cage_map. with no monsters or one big monster that is invincible if you try to attack him he kills you but your saved inside the cage like a check point
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

There is not enough botters to even justify this position. And no, I don't "trust" the GMs if it means unswerving loyalty to some people I don't know. I especially don't trust handfuls of what were regular players running around with their little narc hats on. With power comes the justification for more power. I think y'all just need to find something to do.
Current character is "Abolish".
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

ya know that this thread is turning old wombat is making more seance but until somone comes with a better idea I'm going to stick with what wombat is saying i just get blown off if i ay anything so it don't matter. :/
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Okay Wombat you've found your thing to do, so maybe you don't care about the game anymore? If so that's fine.. and you have your opinions and ideas, and others have theres.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Goku, you can't explain yourself, you can't even prove your point. There is no reason for "deputies" to be implemented in the game.
Attachments
truffleshuffle.jpg
truffleshuffle.jpg (65.77 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Anich
Peon
Peon

Post by Anich »

This thread initially was about using automated methods to handle botters. Now it has been open to ways we can control bots other than relying on GM's.

Recruiting GM's is entirely up to the GM team. Whether or not they introduce deputies is also entirely up to the GM team (and the Dev team for code work) as this will also be implementing a form of game moderation privilege as an expansion from the GM team.

Back on topic:
I'm not sure if a "/GMhelp <message>" will be useful. You can always /w a GM, or report player to Abuse forum. Current GM's are here: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Game_Masters.

It would be helpful if there was a way to view GM's online so you could inform them immediately though.

Fother J has taken the initiative to make a list of the places where players are most likely to bot. http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6685

Anich
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

/w GMName i am offline please try to contact another GM or leave a message on forums.themanaword.org/nameofthebloq

/w GMName I am offline but you can send me a PM on forums.themanaword.org/

not restrictive

I really don't like the idea of deputies.

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

And that's for you to decide Wombat? Anyways i'm done with you. Why not try and contribute to the purpose of this thread instead of just turning down everyone's idea? That's the easy part. Try coming up with something for once. And have fun with your pictures.. those types of things are olddddddd. But w/e you can come up with.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Boo hoo Goku. Why don't you go find some bots and prove your point instead of crying at me because you can't back up your argument.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Wombat and Goku, the comments from both of you are very counter-productive. I would prefer when both of you would stay out of this topic.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.