Some ideas about finances

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

anotherone
Peon
Peon

Some ideas about finances

Post by anotherone »

Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm not familiar with mmorpg or coding. I have two ideas though.

1.Profit in banks
Banks should give some profit from saving money :) Because bank is already treating all acount chars as one, it shouldn't cause making false account etc., and it would be fun xD
2.Commission sale
You probably all know situation, when you try to sell something, but nobody is interested, even if price is very low. Instead of talking or exping, you sit, send "sell scythe 5k""sell scythe 5k", when maybe someone who is interested in buying is somewhere deep in a cave ;) I think that there would be good, if commision sale is made. You will give an item there, set price and check sometime if someone bought it. It wouldn't destroy normal trading at all, because when buying rares, exchanging or selling a pack of items negotiating is irreplaceable.
Humble 5xlvl.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Some ideas about finances

Post by Crush »

anotherone wrote:1.Profit in banks
Banks should give some profit from saving money :) Because bank is already treating all acount chars as one, it shouldn't cause making false account etc., and it would be fun xD
2.Commission sale
We already got an inflantion problem. Any feature which creates money from nothing is bad for the game.
You probably all know situation, when you try to sell something, but nobody is interested, even if price is very low. Instead of talking or exping, you sit, send "sell scythe 5k""sell scythe 5k", when maybe someone who is interested in buying is somewhere deep in a cave ;) I think that there would be good, if commision sale is made. You will give an item there, set price and check sometime if someone bought it. It wouldn't destroy normal trading at all, because when buying rares, exchanging or selling a pack of items negotiating is irreplaceable.
This system is used in a lot of MMOs. We will consider it for TMWServ.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Toksyuryel
Peon
Peon

Post by Toksyuryel »

Something like the "bazaar" system from FFXI would be very nice indeed.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Toksyuryel wrote:Something like the "bazaar" system from FFXI would be very nice indeed.
Could you elaborate? Not everyone has played everything.
Toksyuryel
Peon
Peon

Post by Toksyuryel »

jaxad0127 wrote:
Toksyuryel wrote:Something like the "bazaar" system from FFXI would be very nice indeed.
Could you elaborate? Not everyone has played everything.
Sorry I was assuming people would google. Basically it allowed you to set a price on items in your inventory and be like a walking item shop. Any item you set a price on could be purchased directly out of your inventory by another player. There was an icon that indicated to players that you had items for sale.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

This would be very helpful. And your right it wouldn't destroy normal trading because this is basically what the Marketplace Forum does, except this would be in game and not many people check the forums anyways.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

We have a auction system planned for TMWServ

This will let players post items they want to sell, and how much they want for them.

And will allow players who are willing to pay the minimum bid, to bid on it until the action expires.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

I like to commission sale idea.

Have marketplace NPCs that you can pay to sell your items. Whether the NPC sells only your items or, say, up to three different players' items might be interesting.

The in-game forum (auction wall) is cool, too, but the NPC is more interactive I think. More playing a game and less reading walls (although you will find what you are looking for a lot faster with the wall...)

Its more realistic than having somebody be able to rifle through your stuff while you're passing through town (inventory sales idea) ;)
Toksyuryel
Peon
Peon

Post by Toksyuryel »

I was thinking more that it would be both ideas- the Auction House system AND the Bazaar system (that's how it is done in ffxi, as there are advantages and disadvantages to both systems and the player must choose which system better suits what they want to sell)