lvling in the Arena

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Kaiross
Peon
Peon

lvling in the Arena

Post by Kaiross »

I have always liked pvp in mmorpgs, in this game it seems to be distant. Tired of grinding i go to the arena for some pvp but its empty.

My idea is very simple, add monsters to the arena like a spot for redslime, another spot for scorpions, and mount snakes or the most popular mobs for grinding.

The catch is this, each monster will give 5 to 20% more exp or w/e the devs think right, giving incentive for ppl to go to the arena.

and ofcourse i would like to see a camping type spot , it would be nice..

*Advantages*

1. The legit players should enjoy this exp boost since botting wouldnt be possible cuz youll get killed.

2. Should make pvp more known and popular, im sure alot of new players dont even know what the arena is or even less where it is..

3. Will make the game more fun giving a competitive aspect.

Another thing that would be cool if pvp became popular is have a ranking system (similar to the stat system), for example Name: kills / deaths.

*disadvantages*?? you post what u think..

Im simply trying to make a suggestion for this game to have LONGEVITY, cuz once u get high lvl or even 99 there is not much to do but help others and chat ect..
Goku
Knight
Knight

Re: lvling in the Arena

Post by Goku »

I think this is a good idea. But maybe the monsters in the arena don't have to give more exp.. just having the monsters I think is enough to attract players to want to go to the arena.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Hykaro
Novice
Novice

Post by Hykaro »

good idea.
Savi
Novice
Novice

Post by Savi »

If you want to attract people into the arena to fight there needs to be a way to benefit the winner of the battle. One way to do this is to have a prize slot for your character. When you enter the arena you each put an item in your prize slot. If you both agree to the prize that each player has put in their prize slot the battle will start. When a battle is won the losers prize becomes part of the winner's inventory. This could be a way for admins to hold arena contests for rare items.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I like that idea too. But there would be alot of loopholes around it and it could be abused.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

The arena is seeing great use thanks to events such as the great sparring and snake raids every Sunday night (I don't remember who orchestrated these, someone please take some credit here).

On that note, monsters in the arena is a great idea. This concept goes so far as to adding a new argument to PVP: If your character is in a place that he/she can be killed, this person is not going to be as likely to set up the bot because someone passing by recognizes botting can kill the person, especially if there is a good reason (good exp, dropped stuff, etc)

BUT back on topic, I support this idea with the amendment that first there needs to be reward for PK and/or punishment for death.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I'd like to take credit, but if there wasn't an overwhelming interest from lots of players, it would not be so much fun. Also, I give much credit to the GMs for using the Global Announcments to draw interest. This Sunday (today at 20:00 UTC) is the last one I'm officially organizing http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =12&t=6723

May 30th, a Saturday, at 20:00 UTC will be the new day I'll attempt to organize this event. As usual, all are invited to participate.

The Halloween 2008 event had a very fun PvP with Jackos all over the place. I'd like to see something like this with the arena or other pvp zone. However, to my knowledge, TMW server will be PvP heavy and rumor has it that at the end of the year we could be playing there regularly.
Current character is "Abolish".
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

Last Halloween, the arena was the place to be.

When we weren't killing Jack-O's for items or experience, we were chatting or beating on each other.

I don't remember seeing too many beggars or spammers.

When they did appear, they were gone is less time than a Jack-O. :twisted: