Vote now: Mush and Shroom Hat should be again obtainable...

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Should be Mush and Shroom hat rare dropped by Spiky and Evil Mushroom?

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 58
Len
Knight
Knight

Re: Vote now: Mush and Shroom Hat should be again obtainable...

Post by Len »

Getafix wrote:If you make shroom and mush hat obtainable, the ones who spend millions of GP on it will go waste because mushrooms, the ones that can EASILY be killed will drop them. What's the point even, making all the rares obtainable again and ruining the collection of rares of other people is not a good idea. Not at all!. My vote is no no and no.

:lol:
I see you have a runescape P hat thing going on here

*Trust me its better to have useful rare obtainable items than, useless items whose only inherent worth is their mystical appeal due to their increasingly limited numbers (as people stop playing)

*Increases the fun for new players

*I never did find a Marc card in RO (dropping and easy to get are different things)

*Just as in real life putting your money into goods can be profitable or catastrophic (live with it)

*Having a small number of people controlling most of the wealth is a bad thing
Pixel Battalion
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Post by Kill3rZ »

I agree. Extremely rare drops are much better than unobtainable items.

I can understand an old player's ambitions to have something that "these new young players" will never have, but that is not even true. It's all about selling today something (not that good or valuable in itself) that you found (easily) some time ago for ridiculous amounts of money. It was something else when Dawn was robbed. Some items were stuff she got as presents from people she liked and would have probably never sold for any amount of GP, but such items don't just lose value because some more people get to obtain similar items by working on it and by being lucky. The difference is in the price you can get today for the few extras you forgot to sell for 1.25-1.5 k in any store at the time.

I'm all for breaking this market scheme. Bring unobtainables back.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I disagree. I don't have any of these rares my self, so no i'm not being bias. But every game needs unobtainable. Those also add fun into the game. I've seen numerous "young players" fighting monsters with good drops just to save up for one of those rares that you can no longer get.

Isn't that the same as hunting the monster who would drop once in a million years?

Anyways i'm against this idea. Why not leave the unobtainable rares the way they are and add new rare drops with the .001 or w/e it is. Just like the clover.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Post by Kill3rZ »

It's not a terrible idea to have unobtainables, but that doesn't make it good. Even if you consider owning unobtainables like wearing designer clothes, it's still ridiculous to pay 1million GP or more for useless items that used to be easy to get. It's an ugly weak hat, for goodness sake, not a Ferrari. It's one thing to work hard and fight the game to find a rare drop and a totally different story to do the boring work of GP gathering in order to make some lazy dude rich just because he happened to join the game at an earlier time. I don't think that's fair. A very rare drop item deserves to be expensive because the owner needed real work, hard work to get it, while the "unobtainables" are just free fortunes for guys that, for some reason or another chose to keep a lot of useless stuff in their storage and now are sitting on their backs and wait for others to do their work. I know, I know, this happens in real life too, but I'm not sure the purpose of this game was to become *this* realistic. Just my humble opinion.

Later edit:
As a matter of fact the spawn rates were changed so that players will need to "move around" instead of camping if they want items and xp. I was kind of sad because I didn't have time to get more advantage of it as long as it lasted, but I saw it as an effort to add more fairness to the game and now I'm glad they did it. This is a market exploit and I think it needs to be fixed too. If the unobtainables become very rare drops, they will not become cheap. The prices that are now totally out of proportions will just become reasonable again.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

So introduce new "rare" items into the game. If it's such an ugly weak hat, then why do you (everyone in general) want it? It is a perk for being an older player. That happens in every game. Players who have been here longer will always have some kind of advantage. Numerous MMORPG's I play, the same thing happen and there's really nothing wrong with it.

Are we going to make all unobtainables obtainable again? The Towels and Paper Bag Hats are unobtainable now as far as I know and will probably go up in price just like all the others after a few years. Isn't that the same thing for the newer players later on?
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

For TMWServ, I'd rather have novelty items be available through not too difficult quests (but difficult enough that they take time). The really rare stuff should mostly deserve it. Event items should stay rare for a year or two before becoming more available.
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

Geta ...

easely ...

please...

how many clover did you get (not buying but hunting ? )

:lol:

Regards :wink:
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Post by Kill3rZ »

It IS an ugly useless hat and, as long as I don't feel I need it, It's not my problem that people are willing to pay an arm and a leg for it. My problem is about the bad habits that these unobtainables have brought to TMW.

It encourages laziness and exploitation of younger players. And it's getting worse and worse. The prices are growing exponentially. On 21st of June (10 days ago) a shroom hat was "around 500k". 3 days ago I saw someone asking for 1.5 million for the same hat.

Actually if this were a real economy it would collapse any moment now. But it's not, so it'll just keep growing until most of the young ones will be flat broke but they'll have an old useless hat while very few players will have most of the GP that has ever been worked for in this game.

It's fine for an older player to have something I don't. He/she can wear it with pride and I'll know exactly what that means, perhaps I might even respect that person more. They have old friends, and their own usual sitting spot in Hurnscald and it's like they are at home here. But then they start to sell it and it all starts to happen. It's not terrible. It will not destroy TMW as we know it, but it is wrong.

And about towels... I don't care much for the paper bag, but the towel IS useful and it should never have been an unobtainable event item because it's one of the very few items that boost magic at the moment. It's the only unobtainable that is worth something in itself and it needs to become obtainable again or at least to have a quest-item equivalent asap.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

So introduce new "rare" items into the game. If it's such an ugly weak hat, then why do you (everyone in general) want it? It is a perk for being an older player. That happens in every game. Players who have been here longer will always have some kind of advantage. Numerous MMORPG's I play, the same thing happen and there's really nothing wrong with it.
I know I keep talking about RO this and RO that…

But the item I work hard to get in that game was a +8 triple bloody boned weapon. This involves getting a rare weapon (actually about 20 of them), and the materials needed to upgrade it. Then you risk destroying it by upgrading it and the more you upgrade the greater the risk (very low chance of getting one to +8 or more). And on top of that you need to obtain 4 rare cards. Now you could always buy one from another player for an arm and a leg, just like the unattainable here, But unlike the unattainable in TMW that weapon is truly useful (its not something the average new player had) lets not even talk about a +10 with a boss card (you will be a legend if you have something like that)

Now in Runescape

It’s a dress up contest to show how rich you are, people line The Wall in world 1 with all their useless rares/unattainable (Phats, Hmasks, ect…).. see the difference
Pixel Battalion
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Exactly. This isn't real life and it isn't a problem for TMW. Unobtainable rares are like collectables and if someone wants to work hard gaining GP and wasting it on one item that's their choice. Just because someone is a young player doesn't mean they are dumb. They know what they're doing and are happy for it.

Btw just because someone is asking for 1.5 Mil doesn't mean that's what the current prices of the rares are. That's only 1 seller out of the, believe it or not, many of that rare. I remember when I first joined and first saw a Mouboo hat (still my fav hat today). It was around 300K back then.. and we agreed on 400K for it and when I had that much the guy said nevermind, 500K. I saved up for that and finally got it. And you know what, it was useless, but I still felt like I accomplished something.

And it's also only right prices go up after a while. Maybe not by such big margins, but year after year if it's an unobtainable it could go up. But if no one shows interest it might come back down aswell.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Qwik
Newly Registered User

Re: Vote now: Mush and Shroom Hat should be again obtainable

Post by Qwik »

Dragging up an old thread... I think that any item that has been released into the game should be obtainable by everyone. I know the people that have been here longer (had access to stuff people now don't) will be against that because they like the idea of possessing items other people can't get. The key word being can't. It feels like discrimination. If someone works as hard as people that have been here longer than they should have access to the same benefits afforded any other player.
Steingej Eisenserg
Peon
Peon

Re: Vote now: Mush and Shroom Hat should be again obtainable

Post by Steingej Eisenserg »

u necro! :alt-5: