Mail-list suggestion

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

hStorm
Peon
Peon

Mail-list suggestion

Post by hStorm »

I wanted to suggest a mailing list for the developers of the game.
This would ease the communacation between us without the need of using IRC since in this method programmers have to be online to talk to others.

The purpose of this is that the game grew a lot and there are people from all over the world interested in this project nowadays. The mailing list keeps a record of everything talked. Besides due to the different time zones some people will never talk to other in a far away place.

The mailing list would solve this problem since you read it and you can get in at any time plus it can be made multi-lingual which would make a lot of people even more interested.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Sincerely I'm not familiar with mailing lists except CVSspam which is not properly a mailing list and SDL one where I couldn't find any kind of help...

Anyway I guess a lot of people could like the idea, my only concern is that after responding to forum, mails I get, the IRC channel and sometimes the wiki pages, I won't assure my full presence on the mailing list as well, or I should give up my spare time :wink:

Apart from that I guess SF allows us to set up an easy mailing list, so it won't be much trouble if we get enough requests.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I guess an extra mailing list would be good for discussions that involve more than 2 people, and for developers to ask questions that they are not sure who to consult about.

About full presence, I think a mailing list is one of the cases where your full presence can actually be guaranteed, as long as you read all the emails posted on it. While discussions on the forum, or especially on IRC, can more easily be missed.

So anyway I created it, here's a link to subscription page:

http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/li ... orld-devel

It may take a few hours before subscription will work.
Javila
Peon
Peon

Post by Javila »

Great news about dev mailling list since I'm able to talk with most dev people in weekends due my time zone... My subscription is already confirmed... ;-)
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Do i put in my email address or the email i would like to use.....?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Oh your email address of course, where you want to receive the mails from the mailing list...
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Ohh..errr..uhh i knew that elven..i was just umm....testing you ;)... 8)