2 suggestions: graphic Barber & Static trade mode

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

gekko04
Peon
Peon

2 suggestions: graphic Barber & Static trade mode

Post by gekko04 »

First - Graphic Barber

I think that the game need include a graphic interface for select the hair style/color. There are many styles and colors and the player sometimes doesn't know the correspondence between the name and the style. I don't know if it is very hard to implement in the game, but I think that it is a good idea.

Second - Static Trade Mode

I propose a static trade mode. This consist in a specific mode for trade, that can be used while the player is away. When the character is in this mode, cannot move, and he/she became like and shop NPC. The character should have a graphic symbol to know that he/she is in this state. When the character became in this mode, he/she can select that item want sell, the quantity, and the price for each. I think about this idea because I played on Knights Online and they have this great option.

I wish you like my ideas! =)
Minina
Peon
Peon

Re: 2 suggestions: graphic Barber & Static trade mode

Post by Minina »

I think they're a very good ideas!

The first time I entered to TMW, I didn't know which hair style was each by the name. And about the other idea is also great: the characters don't have to waste time saying that they sell something, and waiting for someone that want to buy it.

It's fantastic Gekko :mrgreen:
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

Yeah, I think this is a great idea too. For the barber, it's kind of annoying and really time consuming to go through the list of all the hair styles to pick one you actually like, and as for color... sometimes it's not the shade of such color you would expect. For the static trade, if you're a person trying to sell items then you run the risk of getting auto-banned for spamming as you keep telling people what you have/or that you are selling something. With the trade mode, it would be nice to not have to haggle prices, explain what some rare items are, tell everyone who asks how many you have...

In other words: Yes, great ideas!
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

warrior char: Donnie B.
mage char: D. Camaro
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

Static trade mode is a good idea ... I always thought the real economy of TMW should be what I find in the field, what I craft (or have an NPC craft for me), etc. as opposed to arbitrarily (out-of-thin-air) created items. Now with that said, noob towns should have some really basic stuff for sale but everything else should be what we make. Another idea is to purchase a storefront and have an NPC sell what we provide them with, we can make it a restaurant by giving it food only, a weapons shop by only giving it weapons, or just a general garage sale of whatever's in our basement.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I love the Barber idea. You don't know how many times i've spent trying to figure out which is which and I still don't remember.

Also I think I remember hearing about static trade for tmw serv somewhere. If not my mind is failing me.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
CapitanAwesome
Novice
Novice

Post by CapitanAwesome »

+1 for static trade mode for player, maybe an emote with a dollar sign or something thats active on the player while in this mode, so that other players can see they are selling.

Yes, this has been discussed as a feature for TMWserv, but I am unsure of its status.

Happy Hunting.

Cappy.
CapitanAwesome - Game Master - server.themanaworld.org
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Thanks Capitan. It was some sort of auction feature that would allow players to set there prices, etc. I'll try to find the thread/post.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Yes, there is already an auction system for tmwserv. I think it's more auction than marketplace, which is what this thread is asking for. The auction system will also have web frontend (derived from manabay).
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Yeah that's the one I remember reading about. So linked together with Manabay on the web? Sweet.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
dawei
Peon
Peon

Post by dawei »

for static trade - a /merchant command could put the character behind a trade stall. the player could put up to 10 items up for sale with a fixed price. Icons could float above the trade stall to show what is for sale.