Faster Healing?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Raven
Peon
Peon

Faster Healing?

Post by Raven »

yeh its just a quick question can you up the healing rate when sat down? say maybe every 2 job levels it increases by one point? because it takes quite long and i know its a challenge to wait but its pretty boring

thanks
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

In my opinion there should be less healing...your the one that fought a monster stronger then you :P Well..get a item to bring back some of your health :)
Raven
Peon
Peon

Post by Raven »

lol funny :P no seriously though i just think it would be better as more people would level up faster so that more trading as you can kill higher monsters for things to sell and when the time comes that you let people fight people it will be more fun :P
Raven
Peon
Peon

Post by Raven »

what about more damage dice then rather than 1 point for every str upgrade ?
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Hmm...that would be a good idea. I will have to ask elven..well im sure he will check the posts. Thanks for your suggestions keep em coming :)

~Magick~
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Well I agree with Magick that you could use healing items, if healing was faster then you wouldn't need them and that's pretty boring.
About increasing the hit rate, well I disagree, first because when we will switch to the new server we will have a different system and modifying the code of eathena now seems useless, then because it's pretty fair this way. If you increase the hit rate more than 1 then we will need monsters with 10000hp for level 10 players I guess.
There's no need for leveling faster or help people leveling, TMW is not meant to be an easy game even if it is at the actual state.
Raven
Peon
Peon

Post by Raven »

oh alrite i see where yor coming from yeh i guess about the 10000hp monster :P but as for faster healing rate cood you not even increases it by 0.25 every 2 levels? lol apart from that emm typo error in the guy that gives you quest for bug legs he says thanks yor your help ? shouldnt it be for? and emm also the items that you sell instead of half price could you make it higher say 60-70 percent of the purchase price? because altho it is easy to (and i do) kill monsters and pick up items it is tedious and with higher sell rates you would be able to go down the mines quicker with they damned black scorpions :evil: emm and another question why does the job xp when you get to job 10 why does it max out?
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Well for the "Yor" thing it is either a typo or what it could be is we are trying to have diffrent races..or speeches i guess. People with diffrent accents so everyone isnt talking the same exact way.

It maxes out because this is as far as we have gotten.

I agree about the increase a little bit but it is not up to me i dont make the codes :P
mandrake1983
Peon
Peon

Post by mandrake1983 »

Well, I see you turned the healing rate down to zero.

I personally think that is bad, especially for the weaker players. See, I agree that you can use the healing items, but the problem with that is you dont get money constantly (like e.g. in SoM you got money for killing monsters; so you were able to get healing items/pay for sleeping).

I feel it is a problem. Especially players with smaller levels will be frustrated rather fast (well, I would if I couldnt bring up the money for healing potions).

Perhaps it would be good to turn the healing rate on again? Personally, I feel it would even be better so earn money directly by killing monsters...

just my few thoughts

best regards,
mandrake
~~ drown in the tears of the mandrake ~~
Raven
Peon
Peon

Post by Raven »

i agree mandrake :) although i believe in the buying/picking up of healing items players will become bored easily if they keep dying when they cant afford healing items or cant stay alive long enough to kill a monster for an item.

i only asked for a small increase in the healing rate every few levels or so as as players get to higher levels and vitality it will take increasingly longer for player to regenerate their health and will cause more players to become increasingly bored

Raven
mandrake1983
Peon
Peon

Post by mandrake1983 »

I have a question. Is healing turned off intentionally? Because i spoke to a few fellows ingame, and their hitpoints still increase, while mine do not.

I am at lvl 30 now, does this have any impact on the healing? please answer, devs...

regards,
mandrake
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Well that's because you didn't read the FAQ, so you've been cursed :lol:
mandrake1983
Peon
Peon

Post by mandrake1983 »

well... i am carrying about 17000 of 30000 so i didn't feel overweighted.

But I'll try and sell some of my stuff. (thought this would be the reason, when carrying 30000/30000)...
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

you are overweight if you carry 1/2 of the specified
moi1392
Peon
Peon

Post by moi1392 »

My idea for regeneration is that its must be higher in town, lower in mosters aera (like the desert at the south of the town) and null in dongean (like the mine with black scorpions)

In that way, potions (and healers...) become really useful, and we can put treasures at the end of the dongeon, and they are REALLY difficult to take if we don't have the required level or if we are not in group (no possibility to wait for healing)