Mouse dumbness

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Mouse dumbness

Post by Tenche »

Im really angry about the mouse can guys amke it so u like move your mouse close to a monster it highlights it so for better clicking u have to find the special spot on large maggots and click it and even then its hard also can u make it so instead of useing the mouse in game use the normal mouse i hate the slow one in game just some suggestions ;)

ttyl Tenche
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

You can use the keyboard instead of the mouse...wait i get what you mean. Hmm....well maybe they can make it so you can tab option or something...guess elven will have to answer this one or another one of the programmers. Thanks for your comments though. Keep them coming :)

~Magick~
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Re: Mouse dumbness

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Tenche wrote:can u make it so instead of useing the mouse in game use the normal mouse
I sincerely can't understand what you're asking for...
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

the game has a mouse built in like when i drag it over the game and its not as acurrate and fast as your regular mouse arrow when your not over the game i wana get the regular one not the one in game to work
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I'm sorry still puzzled
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I think I know what you mean with targetting the monsters, for targetting the tile coordinate is used. So when the monster is moving your mousepointer may be over the monster, but not over the tile. This will be changed because I think we're leaving the whole tile-based idea.

As for what you say about a slow mouse and a normal mouse... it works more then fine with me. So I have no idea what you are talking about.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Hmm, clearly he makes a difference between the normal mouse of his window manager and the mouse drawn by the game. Indeed, with a low framerate the ingame mouse pointer is laggy and harder to use.

It is perfectly possible to add an option to the configuration about whether to use draw the custom mouse cursor or to use the system one, and I think it'd be a good idea to get this option in for the next version.

Modanung answered the other point I think. Everybody will agree that at the moment walking monsters are easily missed using mouse.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

you have the right idea i mean the mouse pointer that comes with your computer!!! u use i wana use that instead of the gay white one that reminds me of Winblows XP mouse...
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Tenche wrote:you have the right idea i mean the mouse pointer that comes with your computer!!! u use i wana use that instead of the gay white one that reminds me of Winblows XP mouse...
Ho now, I mean I have respect for what you ask but don't compare this nice cursor by Jimmac with the indeed quite ugly Windows XP cursor.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

kk sorry ;)