Some changes i see fit.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Flaffen
Peon
Peon

Some changes i see fit.

Post by Flaffen »

Here are some ideas I have for the game, some are fixes others are ideas how to make the game more fun.

1. Evasion and defense dont work together wich they should. Why on earth does attacks on the player lower both?
This means that if you have high evasion from agility, this is completely redundant if you have high defense. Once
enough monsters are attacking you, your defence and evasion will drop down to the point where they wont miss you
and they will do increased damage. This makes high evasion in addition to high defense crap. As the only difference is
beeing hit for 1 damage instead of a miss, before there are enough monsters to whack the crap out of you (like 50 dmg and stuff).
Defense shouldent be decreased unless monsters are actually hitting you for atleast 1 damage. This way evasion would actually have
a use.

2. Agility and Dexterity needs a small boost. They dont scale nearly as good as strength does in melee. Why should warriors have to
invest in a lot of strength? Couldent there be different builds? Like fast hitters that would do the same amount of damage as high
strength warriors? My proposal is to increase the players haste by 2% for agility and 1% for dexterity for every 5 points spent in the
respective stat. This would only be a 38% haste (agi) and 19% haste (dex) at max stat (99). Also I think agility should give 1 defense
for every 5 points spent in the stat, as this only increases attack speed and evasion (wich is pretty much redundant as of now), and the
haste seems to be pretty much the same as that of dex.

3. Luck should be improved, its currently the most shitty stat ingame. Add 1 defense, 1 evasion per 5 points spent. This would make it a usable stat.

4. Add more weapons. They dont need to be better than the weapons already ingame, just different stats. Like a 1 handed sword that does twice the damage of setzer but is also twice as slow, a bow with half the damage of the current but twice as fast (a faster sword and a slower bow would also be nice). The dps would be the same on these weapons but would make for much more builds for high dps, since you would be combining them with other stats to achieve high dps. Also a 2handed melee weapon would be nice (one that cant be used with a shield), like a 2handed schyte. This could do 3-4 times the damage of the setzer but be twice as slow (higher dps ofcourse since you cant wield it with a shield, wich you can do with the setzer). These new items would not require any new graphics as you can just use the old ones (maybe change the colour of them or something). This would be fast and easy to implement and would make for a lot of new builds.

5. How about adding skills to the stats? Like for every 10 points you spend in a stat you get a new skill (or improve one of the old skills).
Here are some ideas (balancing/tweaking needed, just a rough idea)
Strength
10 points: Rage (increases damage by 10 points (or 10%) for 10 seconds, 40 second cooldown) (like iron potion)
20 points: reduces cooldown of Rage by 10 seconds, increases damage further by 10 points (or 10%)
30 points: Titan Stomp (instantly deals damage equal to 75% of strength to monsters nearby the player, 40 second cooldown)
40 points: reduces cooldown of Titan Stomp by 10 seconds, increases damage by further 75%
50 points: Smash (instanly deals 300% weapon damage to a single enemy, 40 second cooldown)
60 points: reduces cooldown of Smash by 20 seconds
70 points: Titan Smash (instanly deals damage equal to 100% of strength to monsters nearby the target, 40 second cooldown)
80 points: reduces cooldown of Titan Smash by 20 seconds
90 points: reduces cooldown of all strength skills by 10 seconds

Agility
10 points: Swiftness (increases player haste by 20% for 10 seconds, 40 second cooldown) (like concentration potion)
20 points: reduces cooldown of Swiftness by 10 seconds, and increases haste by further 20%
30 points: Evasion (gives the player a 50% chance of evading attacks for 10 seconds and increases haste by 10%, 40 second cooldown)
40 points: reduces cooldown of evasion by 10 seconds, and increases haste by further 10%
50 points: Flurry (instantly attack your target 3 times, 40 second cooldown)
60 points: reduces cooldown of flurry by 20 seconds
70 points: Whirlwind (instantly attack all nearby enemies for 125% weapon damage, 40 second cooldown)
70 points: Hail of arrows (instantly attack your target and all monsters nearby the target for 125% weapon dmg, 40 sec cooldown)
80 points: reduces cooldown of Whrilwind and Hail of arrows by 20 seconds
90 points: reduces cooldown of all agility skills by 10 seconds

Vitality
10 points: Toughness (increases the defense of the player by 50% for 10 seconds, 40 second cooldown)
20 points: reduces cooldown of toughness by 10 seconds
30 points: Thunder Stomp (instantly damages nearby enemies for 150% of vitality, 40 second cooldown)
40 points: reduces cooldown of Thunder Stomp by 10 seconds and further increases damage by 150% of vitality
50 points: Everlasting (instantly heals the player for 25% of maximum health, 40 second cooldown)
60 points: reduces cooldown of Everlasting by 10 seconds and further increases health healed by 25% of maximum health
70 points: Pain Supression (decreases all damage taken by the player by 50% for 10 seconds, 40 second cooldown)
80 points: reduces cooldown of Pain Supression by 10 seconds
90 points: reduces cooldown of all vitality skills by 10 seconds

Intelligence
10 points: Fireball (shoots a fireball at the enemy, causing damage equal to spellpower and 20% to nearby enemies of the target, 30 second cooldown)
20 points: Chain Lightning (shoots lightning at the enemy, causing damage equal to spellpower and 2 nearby enemies, 30 second cooldown)
30 points: Nova (a nova that expands from the caster, damaging all nearby enemies equal to 100% of spellpower, 30 second cooldown)
40 points: Healing Wave (heals all nearby friendly characters by an amount equal to 200% of spellpower, 30 second cooldown)
50 points: Mass Haste (buffs all nearby characters with 20% haste, all intelligence spells cooldowns is reduced by 5 seconds, lasts 5 min, 5 min. cooldown)
60 points: Shield (increases targets defense by 30 and decreases damage taken by the target by 20%, lasts 5 min, 5 min cooldown)
70 points: Harmageddon (damages all nearby enemies equal to 200% of spellpower, 40 second cooldown)
80 points: Reduces cooldown of all intelligence skills by 10 seconds
90 points: reduces cooldown of all intelligence skills by 10 seonds

Dexterity
10 points: Accuracy (increases the players accuracy by 10% and chance to crit by 20% for 10 seconds, 40 sec cooldown)
20 points: decreases cooldown of accuracy by 10 seconds and further chance to hit by 10% and chance to crit by 20%
30 points: Multishot (instantly shoots target and 3 nearby targets for 150% weapon damage, 40 second cooldown)
30 points: Cleave (instanly attack your target and 3 nearby targets for 150% weapon damage, 40 second cooldown)
40 points: decreases cooldown of multishot and slash by 10 seconds
50 points: Blade spin (instanlty attack all nearby targets for 125% weapon damage, 40 second cooldown)
50 points: Exploding arrow (shoot at target dealing 125% weapond damage to it and nearby monsters, 40 second cooldown)
60 points: Reduces cooldown of Blade spin and Exploding arrow by 10 seconds
70 points: Haste (increases attack speed by 50% for 10 seconds, 40 second cooldown)
80 points: decreases cooldown of haste by 10 seconds
90 points: decreases cooldown of all dexterity skill by 10 seconds

Luck
10 points: Lucky hitter (increases chance of scoring a critical hit by 25% for 10 seconds, 40 second cooldown)
20 points: reduces cooldown of lucky hitter by 10 seconds and increases chance of critting by further 25%
30 points: Lucky hit (instanly attack for 250% weapon damage, 40 sec cooldown)
40 points: reduces cooldown of lucky hit by 10 seconds and further increases damage by 250%
50 points: Aura of luck (decreases damage and chance to hit by all nearby monsters by 50% for 15 seconds, 40 second cooldown)
60 points: reduces cooldown of aura of luck by 10 seconds
70 points: Perfect Luck (all attacks for the next 15 seconds will be critical hits, 50 second cooldown)
80 points: reduces cooldown of perfect luck by 10 seconds
90 points: reduces cooldown of all luck skills by 10 seconds

The skills need balancing and rework, but its the general idea i'm after. These were just what I could come up with at the moment.
The point is that the higher level you get, the more boring it gets, as you usually just stand still and hold down the buttons for attack and target closest. And it takes longer and longer to level with less and less reward (because the stats become so immensly expensive at higher levels) With skills like this leveling at higher levels would be much more fun, since you will be doing something and there would be numerous builds to try. Lvling would also be faster, and that is a good thing since its takes SO friggin long, and its SO boring grinding.
The game gets more and more boring the higher lvl you get, and these skills are intended to reverse that.

Anyways, thats my ideas for the moment. Might post reworked skills or suggestions if I get feedback. I also vote for revamping the entire stat stystem but cba to write all that down now. (also I'd appreciate if comments such as: "lvling was SO much slower before, and thats why we shouldent make it easier/faster now" would be left out since those are completely retarded.)
So comment/give feedback (but I prefer when it makes sense).

Flaffen
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Some changes i see fit.

Post by Enchilado! »

Well, remember that TMW is in an early stage of development. I like this idea, though. Good work on writing out a list that big. However, no Devs seem to have commented... could there be a reason, Developers? You don't like it? You already had something like this planned...?
Well, actually, with the change over to tmw-serv, combat will be a lot more action-based, and the stat system will be reworked... some of those stats (maybe all of them) may not exist any more, and will probably do different things if they do.

~good work, though!
Enchilado
Inkweaver
Novice
Novice

Post by Inkweaver »

I have to agree. Amazing work on typing all that up. I doubt it will be implemented in this pretesting version of the game, though, because everything will change when the first real version on TMW server is released.

It sounds like you want to tie all those extra skills in with magic. If so then they might consume mana, forcing players to invest in intelligence to make any use or at least any practical use of those spell like skills.
Flaffen
Peon
Peon

Post by Flaffen »

ok, thanx for the reply. but wondering what you guys think of the other changes i mentioned.
like the stat changes and the weapons?? replies would be nice :D

Flaffen
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

Submit a patchâ„¢ | Wait for TMWservâ„¢
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Flaffen wrote: Flaffen's suggestions
I believe some of your ideas are already going to be implemented in the new TMWServ. I have been told that there will be skill trees (IE, a skill tree allowing you to shoot from further distances, etc).

The main problem with asking for code changes in the current game seem to be

A) This game is just a stop gap measure to give people something to do and DEVs don't want to waste coding time on something that is going away
B) eAthena (current system) is very limited in what it can
C) DEVs all have their own projects they are working on and will tell you if you want to see something implemented, start coding yourself

As for the weapon changes, I would be all for that. However, realize that right now DEVs are struggling to get the balance equalized between Warriors, Archers, and Mages and adding in a slew of new weapons, while fun, would make it much harder to work out balance issues because there are more things to consider.

As for your adjustments to DEX, AGI and LUCK I believe you are spot on there, as far as I can see. As far as all the powers or special abilities go, seems a little WoWish to me, and a pain to code and test for balance but that could just be me. Good write up, glad to see someone posting intelligent stuff.