the french house

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Delasia
Novice
Novice

Re: the french house

Post by Delasia »

tintinus24 wrote:ok. i have idea build some house in the forest to speak every language in the game ie mainly houses French German Spanish and perhaps other countries
As already stated. English in Public is the rule.
However, many know that although I ask for English in public, I also have no problem of congregations of non-english players outside of the main public areas.

Considering the number of unused areas in buildings, I so no reason why if you want to talk your native tongue that you cant whisper your friends to meet you at a certain place. A good example is the large house in Hurnscald, the upstairs of Cauls shack, there are numerous places in North Tulimshar as well.

If it is not an area in direct public path, and not a major quest room....there are no issues (in this GMs mind anyway).
If a wayward soul wanders into the conversation, it is thier choice to stay or leave, again as long as they dont have to be there for a quest or NPC.

I dont think its necessary to us to dedicate buildings or rooms for specific groups of people. We are a community of diversity, and there is no reason why the facilities we already have in place cannot be used.

Cheers and happy gaming
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.."if all you keep in your toolbox is a hammer, then the only way YOU can fix things is pound it"..
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

I'm always looking for more places to AFK ;)
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Under TMWServ (the new server being readied for public beta) you can create chat channels for each language.
tintinus24
Peon
Peon

Post by tintinus24 »

The French just want a place where we can speak our language. And surely other players would no English-speak their language without being banned. <br><br> AND THIS IS NOT RACISM! ! :wink:
erebe
Peon
Peon

Post by erebe »

Uber_Kalimero wrote:@Tintinus24 : "calme toi gamin, tu as bien raison mais ils sont bouchés à la toile emerie"[F]

@Gouki : "espèce de grand couillon, arrête donc un peu de faire chier le gamin aussi !"[F]

Conclusion : "Putain con, comme ça m'a l'air parti, cette histoire de french-house va encore se terminer en villa provençale à Marseille !"(F]

~Si vous maîtrisez l'accent provencal c'est le mÔment de vÔ éssseuclater à fÂire bien chiiiier le Pebron (mÔa je dissse !) ~
:lol:
erebe
Peon
Peon

Post by erebe »

Gouki wrote:This is insane. There are player named who speak the whole day french in public without taking care of the other player and now they want an extra building? :lol:
Go somewhere in North Tulimshar and take all the Houses as New Paris, but I can't see a sense why people who don't follow the rules should have own sections and stuff.
there's a lot of stupid people speak in a lot of langage even english in this game, simply ignore them :wink:
erebe
Peon
Peon

Post by erebe »

Gouki wrote:This is insane. There are player named who speak the whole day french in public without taking care of the other player and now they want an extra building? :lol:
Go somewhere in North Tulimshar and take all the Houses as New Paris, but I can't see a sense why people who don't follow the rules should have own sections and stuff.
Next , don't resume France as Paris, please
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I would also like to ask for something similar.

Can we get a place/map with monsters that have good spawn rates just for botters? So they don't get in everyone's hair, but are allowed to bot here. Please and thanks.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
The Brao
Peon
Peon

Post by The Brao »

Tintinus:
Hum... I'm not in the list you gave. That means my objective ingame is reached : being as insignificant as possible, talking to nobody and disappearing when issues are coming. :lol:
I'm definitely not liking this idea. Giving a house to the Francophone is a nonsense :

- I don't see any reason why french language could have is own building and not Russian language. If you're doing it for one language, you're doing it for everybody, and that's obviously impossible. That's not a question of number (wow, 20 names on your list, and you're counting mules) but fairness. Acting like if we "deserved it" is very arrogant.

- As far as i know, we're not a kind of sect that needs to separate from the others ingame. If you want to have plans with french speakers only, you can create a french guild and forums.

- Delasia said it : you can go in very quiet places (for exemple : In the middle of snowland, in the wood, in desert buildings) if you want to speak french in public. Nobody's going to disturb you there (and also you will disturb nobody). The rule is just ordering you not to do it when you are asked to, or in cities. That's not so complicated.

I prefere alot more Erebe's first idea. But i keep on thinking there's no need for a building.
C'mon guys and girls, that's an international game! Let's mix up with all the pretty people around!
UberKalimero wrote:[SECURITY MESSAGE] :
call The Brao and his Krhon-Detector, seems we caught a big one here (a native or a clone, we don't know yet ...), it's an emergency !
Don't bother me, I'm not your little helper. And please stop insulting everyone.
Known in game as Phelim
Sorry for my english...
Brice de Nice

Post by Brice de Nice »

[EDIT]
Last edited by Brice de Nice on 25 Oct 2009, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Bump.

I've asked on IRC, but there wasn't any response, so I'll post here.
Crush wrote:This is a suggestion how this problem could be solved in a less drama-inducing way:

1. An "International Club" building is added to every major town.
2. The entrances of all of these buildings link to the same indoor map. Leaving this map returns the players to the places they entered from.
3. The indoor map consists of a large lobby with doors to separate rooms for the 16(?) most spoken languages in the world (sans english, of course). The doors are labled by national flags.

I've been asked ingame about this a few times. Was there any decision made about this in the end?

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Freeyorp101 wrote:I've been asked ingame about this a few times. Was there any decision made about this in the end?
No.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

Uber_Kalimero wrote:@Tintinus24 : "calme toi gamin, tu as bien raison mais ils sont bouchés à la toile emerie"[F]

@Gouki : "espèce de grand couillon, arrête donc un peu de faire chier le gamin aussi !"[F]

Conclusion : "Putain con, comme ça m'a l'air parti, cette histoire de french-house va encore se terminer en villa provençale à Marseille !"(F]

~Si vous maîtrisez l'accent provencal c'est le mÔment de vÔ éssseuclater à fÂire bien chiiiier le Pebron (mÔa je dissse !) ~
"species of large couillon adopt a little boy do the s**t too!"

:lol: I love bad translations!
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

warrior char: Donnie B.
mage char: D. Camaro
antithesis
Peon
Peon

Post by antithesis »

sugarcorgit wrote:How about work on your english speaking skills at least in public areas. Its more fun then a classroom. That and its a game rule. We can always step out of earshot or whisper as well.
sugarcorgit
How about staying out of the conversation if you have nothing valid to offer? How about letting these people speak their own native languages?
antithesis
Peon
Peon

Post by antithesis »

Crush wrote:This is a suggestion how this problem could be solved in a less drama-inducing way:

1. An "International Club" building is added to every major town.
2. The entrances of all of these buildings link to the same indoor map. Leaving this map returns the players to the places they entered from.
3. The indoor map consists of a large lobby with doors to separate rooms for the 16(?) most spoken languages in the world (sans english, of course). The doors are labled by national flags.
I think that is an awesome idea.