Please adjust the mountain snakes Possible [Spoiler]

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice

Re: Please adjust the mountain snakes Possible [Spoiler]

Post by thedarkfinder »

Thank you the M. snakes are a little more manageable. But could we reduce the time of poisoning and increase the critical hit rate.

Thank you for adjusting. It is noticeable.
vox populi
Peon
Peon

Post by vox populi »

No, anyone can create a Large Healing Potion. They cost one of each herb. Talk to Caul in the Miner's Outpost. Now, you need Int to make them. The higher your Int, the more chance. Whatever your Int, you'll either get a Tiny, Small, Medium or Large Healing Potion. So Mages are probably better at it because they have a higher Int... but anyone can do it.

~you could gather herbs and get probably more than one a minute...
vox populi
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

vox populi wrote:No, anyone can create a Large Healing Potion. They cost one of each herb. Talk to Caul in the Miner's Outpost. Now, you need Int to make them. The higher your Int, the more chance. Whatever your Int, you'll either get a Tiny, Small, Medium or Large Healing Potion. So Mages are probably better at it because they have a higher Int... but anyone can do it.

~you could gather herbs and get probably more than one a minute...
vox populi
Nope. Int affects which ones you can get. You need at least 5 int to get small. 15 to get medium. 35 to get large. More int helps getting larger ones, but there are minimum Int values for all but tiny.
??? Profit!
Peon
Peon

Post by ??? Profit! »

1. Go to bat cave.
2. Kill bats.
3. Collect wings and teeth.
4. Sell them.
5. Buy chaps for 60k.
6. ???
7. Profit!
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

thedarkfinder wrote: Can't kill Mountain Snakes
I have to ask how you are specced out. I'm a level 56 and spent about an hour soloing Mountain Snakes with no problem. (See link) If you're a melee guy, you might have your answer there - try respeccing and playing as an archer, Melee classes being more point intensive and all. I could solo mountain snakes with no armor, at least until I had them spawn on me a couple times. Once you run through the first cave by the Chief, the wide open plains are pretty easy to solo. The point about not being able to get chaps / snake skins is also moot because of the free market economy. When I was unable to actually kill snakes due to low level, I simply grinded away in the bat caves till I made 100k and then bought and traded my way to a pair of Jean Chaps. I saw someone selling a pair of chaps today for 70k (Trashmaster). It is much easier to simply earn the money for what you need to purchase the items you desire. Although the snakeskin drop rate is ridiculous. (See same link) Batcaves crap money out like it is cool. In closing, while I am a proponent of multiboxing, I don't believe there is ever a justifiable NEED to multibox. It just makes things more interesting.

LINK

Also, I sell both Jean Chaps and Snake Skins, feel free to whisper me in game (/w Ceros). But that being said, I can't solo skulls alone, or even hit them most of the time. And I maxed out my DEX. Should them make skulls easier to kill?
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

All you have to do is get 99 dex be an archer and you can run around them and kill its so easy.
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

The way I see it, mountain snake is basically grass snake 2 (or 1 and a half, since it obviously predated the grass snake but didn't get its current stat profileuntil a while after the grass snake was introduced). It even comes with a slower ground speed so you can more easily keep your distance. I take them on with 14 DEX and zero problem, but it takes 5 minutes per snake, but that's purely a consequence of how I play and I can live with that. Your toleration may vary.

The one thing I do find odd is the skin's low 1/66 drop rate. Doesn't it make sense that there would be a lot more snakes that leave behind usable skins upon death than there are that leave behind eggs? I'd have skins drop at the same rate as tongues, and possibly lower both rates in unison a bit.
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

+1 radiant

imho one big interest in game is the way you deal with stats according to the goal you want to reach

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7