Please adjust the mountain snakes Possible [Spoiler]

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice

Please adjust the mountain snakes Possible [Spoiler]

Post by thedarkfinder »

To the powers that be.

Why does it require snake skins for chaps, when a person (lvl 65) with chaps can not defeat the snakes that drop the skins?

Why is it that a char lvl 65 with the best armor the game has to offer, need the best armour to fight something that is going to get him the best armour?

To kill mountain snakes you need to first have a character over lvl 60. Second, you need to change your char stats to vit 40 dex 80 luck 45 str 1 agl 1 int 1, so you can fight them. Lastly, you need to have the best armour in the game in order to kill enough for chaps.

And to top it all off, you need to spend a boat load of money on slow potions.

Could some one please tell me how a snake, even one that is knee high, is able to poison someone in a chest plate, steel shield, boots, and chaps? How is that possible? Is the chest plate made out of tin? Maybe the steel shield is paper? The chaps are made out of knitting yarn? Please tell me that the fluffy boots are just paper towels taped with masking tape?

Then please tell me how it is fair that at lvl 60, a char spends most of it time poisoned?

This is just messed up. Please someone.
Last edited by thedarkfinder on 19 Aug 2009, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
pateame

Re: Please adjust the mountain snakes

Post by pateame »

Long time ago I used my bow/arrows shooting and running along to avoid be hitted by snakes, but it was a frustrating experience at beggining with a low level/DEX character.
I remember weeer helped me with snake skins when I got my first chaps, and even when snakes doesnt had poison it was really hard to kill them.

It's always hard if you try alone, but if you do a group with another warrior or a healer it could be easier. With #inma or #lum to heal yourself or #betsanc to avoid be hitted it can be easy, also there's the possibility to buy some skins, but well.... kill monsters is the funny part of game.
thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice

Post by thedarkfinder »

pateame wrote:It's always hard if you try alone,
I actually got my chaps with a two party group. But since then, you can not get chaps unless you already have chaps, which makes it kind of pointless.

They either need to decrease the lvl required for M. snakes or increase the drop rate.
Getafix
Novice
Novice

Post by Getafix »

Basically, I agree with you because Mountain Snakes ARE too strong to kill, well not now but the used to be pretty hard, I would request that you "lower" the experience but also lower their strength so low level people can get chaps and not beg for snake skins and break the rules (I'm currently breaking the rules so don't mind me talking about them). Well, that was it

Regards
Getafix the law breaker
Sometimes, it is better to forgive your foes, this annoys them the most.
AlexBouchet
Peon
Peon

Post by AlexBouchet »

Yes, I would welcome this with open arms, I am sick of dying while trying to kill the buggers... LOWER THE STRENGTH!!!
aroleon
Novice
Novice

Post by aroleon »

I have been fighting mountain snakes for two weeks and collected ... one snake skin.

I still haven't received the update to fix the mountain snakes. When will it be done?

thanks,

aro
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

Will somebody explain to me one thing?
It's like this: What came first, the chicken or the egg?
So: What came first, the Skins or the Chaps?
If Chaps are required to get Skins, how did the first pair of chaps come into existence?
What is the defense of Chaps, please? 6%? And Jeans Shorts and Skirts are both 4%? Is that much of a difference?
Sorry, but I doubt you need the best leg armour to get the best leg armour.

~I think the mountain snakes are fine. Not strong enough to kill them? Kill something else.
Enchilado

P.s

Please don't use invocations on the forum without a
Spoiler:
tag.
aroleon
Novice
Novice

Post by aroleon »

Well, at level 71 I've done all the quests... except for the Setzer. So I'm trying to collect twelve snake skins.

aro
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

I did the Setzer as soon as I reached level 60. I would like to thank Melkior for selling me almost all the ingredients.

~but really, become a mage. I can kill mountain snakes in two hits.
Enchilado

P.s

Collect herbs for one hour. You should get at least 50k worth. Sell these, and buy ten Iron Ores. Transmute this to powder, then kill stuff (skulls to level, mountain snakes for skins) until you've run out, then repeat.
aroleon
Novice
Novice

Post by aroleon »

Enchilado! wrote:Transmute this to powder, then kill stuff (skulls to level, mountain snakes for skins) until you've run out, then repeat.
Tried that, too. It's not killing the snakes that's the problem -- it's getting them to drop snake skins. As I said, after killing snakes for two weeks, I got ... one skin.

Still waiting for either the drop rate of monsters to be fixed in-game, or the wiki entries at http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... _reference (I haven't counted the numbers, but the drop frequency is way less than 1.5%) and http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... cellaneous (if a Pearl is a "Rare Drop", then Iron Ore and Snake Skins should be "Extremely Rare" or "Unobtainable") to be corrected.

aro
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

aroleon wrote:I still haven't received the update to fix the mountain snakes.
You wouldn't receive any update for this because monster stats are completely server-sided.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

Just because the drop rate is 1.5% doesn't mean you'll get, say, three for every two hundred snakes. It just means there's a 1.5% chance that you're going to get one. Say, a number is picked from 1 to 1000. If it's 15 or less, you get a skin.

~keep killin' em!
Enchilado

P.s

Chaps aren't supposed to take five minutes to get.
pelmeni
Peon
Peon

Post by pelmeni »

"generations " of tmw players got their chaps.how did they do it?guys if you are not strong enough for killing m snakes so kill something else.
the chaps are not THAT much better and they are NOT needed.
whatever..if you need to get em .. just BUY snake skins ..its not that expensive. :!:
i guess you are strong enough to kill red slimes to farm ,arent you?
thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice

Post by thedarkfinder »

[quote="Enchilado!"]
If Chaps are required to get Skins, how did the first pair of chaps come into existence?[/quote]

You know, this is kind of pointless, but I will try.

a long time a go. Like last year. The mountian snakes where really no more powerful then normal snakes.

Here are the wiki stats
Snake T. D HP DEF ATT EXP JEXP
N Snake 1010 850 4% 75–90 184 100
M Snake 1026 900 4% 80–125 230 100
G Snake 1034 1000 2% 80–120 265 100
From the wiki

Now, the poison of M snakes takes off about 450 points. Compared to about 170 of normal snakes. It last about 2x the amount.

The required dex for M. Snakes to hit is about 70 point to get about a 50% hit rate.

Normal snakes take about 45ish with about 70%.

The hit points seems a little higher for M snakes. A little lower for normal snakes.

Grass snakes have also shot up requiring a lvl 60+

Now do me a favour. Please attack a normal snake and then attack a M snake. You will see the difference.

To answer your question.
Chaps was not really that hard to get. Two people could get chaps including jeans and skins in about 2 days. Give or take.

Which is why the Indian does not tell you how many you need, only starts the quest when you have the skins. Which is why I do not consider this a spoiler. You can not start the quest until you already have the items.

Bottom line. A lvl 40 character can take on normal snake will get mopped with moutain snakes.
thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice

Post by thedarkfinder »

Enchilado! wrote:
~but really, become a mage. I can kill mountain snakes in two hits.
Enchilado
Magic, as it stands now, is for the rich. You really do need to be a high lvl and lots of cash in order to play with magic.

For example. 50 snake tongues? That is totally possible with our way. Totally in like 40 years.

<Edit>
Just thought about what you said. Let me get this straight, your answer to a balancing question is to become a mage.

This is brilliant. Lets just rename the game, Mages of Mana. Completely destroy the warrior class, after, god forbid, if the game has more then one class, we need to destroy the other.

Your solution is just "go to magic" it is better. Do not worry about being a warrior. It is pointless. Just go with magic.

That is really nice. Nice. Why do we even start the game as a mage anyway?
</edit>
Last edited by thedarkfinder on 19 Aug 2009, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.