Range of mobs / targetting system

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

michellembrodeur
Peon
Peon

Range of mobs / targetting system

Post by michellembrodeur »

The red Scorpian and the green snake have just about the same range as the short bow. which is way to far for them. There range should be one square not 3-4.

I had a red scorpian hit me 4 sqaures away
the green snake hit me 8 squares away, or it was a big lag.

Also very hard to target with bow since by the time you click on the red V to target them, they move and you run towards them.

Need a better targetting system.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

It happened to me, too; but not sure if it's lag or not.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I think it's lag.

And yes, we all agree on the targetting, and you'll have to wait for the new server I guess.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

Even tho im strongly against using mouse

Why not use a Snap method?

When your mouse gets close to a monster, it snaps in place locking it untill you move it off
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

That's a possibility.

NOTE: It shouldn't snap the actual mouse coordinates though, that would get your mouse trapped. ;)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

You're right there was an error in the database, and special attacks had a range of 10 tiles. I fixed them now, but you'll have to wait until we update the server (in a couple of hours).
About the targeting system I think in the latest CVS was added the possibility to use the shift key to avoid moving toward the enemy when attacking so you can remain in a safe place.
Someone is also working on adding auto-follow and increase the targeting area so that aiming should be easier.
And I'm also working to add joystick/gamepad support (not very useful with bow though for the moment), but hey with my short sword and my joypad I'm experiencing good feelings. :roll: