Make Spells Case Insensative

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Make Spells Case Insensative

Post by Ceros »

I use CapsLock for auto targeting closest enemy when casting and having spells rejected because #inma isn't the same as #INMA is really annoying. Any way to make #INAM, #INma and #inma all do the same thing? (It is also nice to be temp banned for spamming when this happens while healing in the skull room).
Booth
Knight
Knight

Re: Make Spells Case Insensative

Post by Booth »

lol, you shouldn't tell them you use caps lock o.O
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The whole improvised magic system on eAthena is a usability nightmare anyway. TMWServ will be point&click with optional keyboard shortcuts.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

IMO, there's nothing wrong with using caps lock as long as you are paying attention. It's when your attention is elsewhere, making you AFK that it becomes a problem. And setting target enemy to caps lock wouldn't do anything if you were away, anyway.

Personally, I don't use caps lock, but I don't see a problem with it if you are watching the game. It's just improvising the shortcuts to make gameplay more comfortable.

Back to topic: I don't have any suggestions, but I think case insensitive is a good idea
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

warrior char: Donnie B.
mage char: D. Camaro
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

It seems people are assuming that I am not in front of the keyboard while playing - this is not the case.

Also, see this, as was posted by Turmfalke in the multiboxing thread:
(21:44:23) Freeyorp: On the topic, what's the official word on FK bots?
(21:44:36) b_lindeijer: What are FK bots?
(21:44:42) Kage_Jittai: Front of Keyboard
(21:44:49) Kage_Jittai: People who watch them self bot
(21:44:50) Freeyorp: Someone is using a script, but is still present
(21:45:11) b_lindeijer: Uhm, the official word there is that it's allowed.
(21:45:14) Freeyorp: paying attention, even though it isn't them 'pushing the buttons'
(21:45:45) b_lindeijer: It's not forbidden to automate the boring tasks in the game.
(21:45:54) b_lindeijer: It's just forbidden to be active in the game while not being there.