New player with some suggestions!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

mclicky
Peon
Peon

New player with some suggestions!

Post by mclicky »

I'm relatively new to this game, and I do love it. But, I find so many things confusing! Like trying to get some of the more difficult items that you can literally work days trying to get and still no be able to get those items. People refuse to sell, even when they have more than they need! For instance, the pearls. I spent all day today trying to get a pearl. Only to be unable to find one. I cannot go on with the quest because this item just is not available! Even trying to get iron ore! No one wants to sell and even though I've spent a whole day trying to get some, I've only been able to get one! I get frustrated!

Then there are the people who steal from you! You try to trade fairly, and they steal the items from you without giving you what you were supposed to get back in trade! ( My pet peve is with XxxX - He stole my gloves and won't return them!)

As to looking for something new, I have been told that there is a patch for the game that adds in some new items. But, I haven't been able to locate it anywhere on the site!

I may not be the best player, but I do enjoy playing the game! Especially when someone helps me out with a problem! Maybe we could have something added that would give 'brownie' points to these people! I know that it would make the game a lot more fun!
Thanks
Mona
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: New player with some suggestions!

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Trade is setup so you have a chance to review before accepting (after both parties are done adding items).
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

mclicky wrote:I'm relatively new to this game, and I do love it. But, I find so many things confusing! Like trying to get some of the more difficult items that you can literally work days trying to get and still no be able to get those items. People refuse to sell, even when they have more than they need! For instance, the pearls. I spent all day today trying to get a pearl. Only to be unable to find one. I cannot go on with the quest because this item just is not available! Even trying to get iron ore! No one wants to sell and even though I've spent a whole day trying to get some, I've only been able to get one! I get frustrated!

Then there are the people who steal from you! You try to trade fairly, and they steal the items from you without giving you what you were supposed to get back in trade! ( My pet peve is with XxxX - He stole my gloves and won't return them!)

As to looking for something new, I have been told that there is a patch for the game that adds in some new items. But, I haven't been able to locate it anywhere on the site!

I may not be the best player, but I do enjoy playing the game! Especially when someone helps me out with a problem! Maybe we could have something added that would give 'brownie' points to these people! I know that it would make the game a lot more fun!
Thanks
Mona
Usually, if you are looking for something and no one is selling it, you aren't looking in the right place. In Hurncsald (the forest town) in the middle of the village square there are usually several people who sell things on at one time. For example, myself, RaidoR, Gouki, Booth, etc. All of us run shops/selling operations. Additionally, inside of the bank/item storage area, there is a character called 'Tradebot' who is a bot that sells items. I know for a fact he sells items (like the Pearl - he has 97 of them for sale at 7000gp each). If you check the Marketplace section of this forum, you will find a thread devoted on how to use him.

If you say "Buying: Pearls, Iron Ore" in the middle of Hurnscald, usually you will get responses. I stock both of the items you are looking for, but I haven't been on at all this weekend due to the holiday (Laborday).

Just be prepared to pay for these 'hard to get items', don't expect anyone to give them away for free.

Alternatively, you can check the TheManaWorld Wiki for a list of what monsters drop what items:

http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... _reference

Blue Slimes (Sea Slimes) drop pearls and Yellow Slimes drop Iron Ore. You just have to put in the man hours killing them to reap the drops. If you are in game, try

/whisper Ceros

Or one of the other names I mentioned and see if we are carrying what you're looking for.

As for trading, never 'drop trade' or drop items on the ground. Right click on a person and use the built in trading system to conduct trades. Don't loan ut items or allow people to borrow them if you don't trust them, and even if you do, be extremely cautious.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

If you're a high enough level you can just kill sea slimes for pearls, or yellow slimes for iron ore.
~Feline Monstrosity