TMWServ alpha test (splitted from "Holiday idea")

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: TMWServ alpha test (splitted from "Holiday idea")

Post by Crush »

Reasons why we are not doing a full-scale TMWServ beta test yet:

1. The gameplay and content will have drastic changes all the time. Players are always pissed when things change, see http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =12&t=8254
2. We can not guarantee at this point that the database will stay intact. Slight changes might invalidate the whole database and force everyone to start again. Would you like this?
3. TMWServ has still major security problems which make it irresponsible to use it productively
4. Known bugs which are so omnipresent and annoying that they would be unbearable to a player.

But don't forget that TMW and TMWServ are free open source software. When you want to dare it you can start your own beta test. All you need can be found in our git repositories. But please do us a favor and deal the player complaints yourself.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.