Jeans Shorts

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Would you like an NPC to sell Jeans Shorts?

Yes
30%
No
61%
Maybe
9%

Total votes: 56
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Jeans Shorts

Post by Ceros »

Tahli wrote:OK, I'll be the only person with positive feedback on this post, you can do a quest for a forest bow, an npc sells it, as with silk robe and players sell most items, I'm just saying that maybe you guys should give DL a break. It's a fantastic idea he had and I would love to see it come into action. If you can buy it from players, why not be able to buy it for an npc? Besides, sometimes players don't want to sell, thatr can be frustrating and some people can't kill snakes, their level is too low. honestly, it's a good idea, what's wrong with it?
Because you are taking the food out of a mouth of a starving african child...

or perhaps he could just BUY IT FROM ANOTHER PLAYER. I know we have a marketplace forum, where you could post somethign like "Buying jean shorts!". Both Gouki and myself sell them. What's wrong with that?
Last edited by Ceros on 29 Oct 2009, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
Jurgi
Novice
Novice

Post by Jurgi »

If one can't kill cave snakes, one should not wear jeans shorts yet. :P
For newbies there are another monsters and clothes.

If TMW is too difficult to play for someone, I suggest another game,
like Progress Quest for example. :twisted:
★ Variety Jeer, my weblog ★ Jurgi recommends Opera 10 ★
Almighty Raisin
Peon
Peon

Post by Almighty Raisin »

I love Progress Quest! I'm up to act three, I think, it's sooo hard!

*cough*

The poll shows that Jeans Shorts shouldn't sold in shops, and I agree. IMO most things in the game can be got too easily already.

~A.R.
"Now I'm dead meat."
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

I say no because last week i kill snakes for about one hour or so and recieved 4 pairs of Jean Shorts.
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
John3713
Newly Registered User

Post by John3713 »

Hi guys,
Well... I've spend more than two hours (yeah) in the cave killin' these snakes, and I got nothing! (exept the egs etc.). If the chances to get them are 4/1000, then I'm unlucky...
I'm a bit bored and ready to buy the jeans from one of you! :P
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

The drop rate is laughably easy, and yet you complain....

*In most MMORPGs what you buy from npcs and get from quests are trash, everything good is a rare drop from a monster (try hunting a Marc card in RO, it took me a about a week playing 8 hours a day to find one).
Pixel Battalion
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Len wrote:The drop rate is laughably easy, and yet you complain....

*In most MMORPGs what you buy from npcs and get from quests are trash, everything good is a rare drop from a monster (try hunting a Marc card in RO, it took me a about a week playing 8 hours a day to find one).
For Manaserv, the best will be crafted by players, with monsters dropping appropriate parts.
Salah
Novice
Novice

Post by Salah »

i think not need any NPC selling jeans short cause when more kill more fun be the game :D
Do you want to visit my Class Web Page :D
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Len wrote:The drop rate is laughably easy, and yet you complain....

LOL I know right. Try farming full t7.5 and 2 Armageddons from naxx when wotlk came out. I was lucky to have a guild that went by loot council and they decided that I needed that 2nd Armageddon. XD Instead of a few hours or one day of playing it can take a week or maybe WEEKS before you even see the gear your after let alone you win the roll and get it.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Calmwind
Newly Registered User

Post by Calmwind »

I voted maybe, and let me explain why:

If jean shorts are to be sold in shop I would set their price from at least 30k maybe even as high as 40k.
My reasoning behind this is it would still provide motivation to hunt for them (they aren't so hard to get really) and the experience you gain in those levels while hunting for them is nice, not to mention the snake lamps for Doug's quest.

But consider something for a moment. Lets say the jeans are priced at 30k at the npc, and sell for 15k to the npc. This would not only provide incentive to get them on your own, and only if you truly get fed up, pay at least 20k to a player for them. 20k from a player since that player could npc it for 15k. And only if you're really desperate you buy for 30k from the npc. This way people with spare jeans could also npc them and get money, because while I don't agree that it is 'hard' to get them, I do believe its a 15k drop, at least.

An alternative idea is too have the npc require 20 snake tongues, or 20 snake eggs and X number of money, to show you've either gained the items the snake drops (thereby trying to get the jeans) by killing snakes, or paid extra for eggs, or tongues, one or the other, not both. In this way it gives more value to the eggs or tongues as well.