New Arena/Colisuem

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Do you like this idea?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 31
Sushi
Peon
Peon

New Arena/Colisuem

Post by Sushi »

Just a thought:
The Mana World has an arena that you can fight other players in. I think that a Coliseum/Arena type of place should be made. There would be three sections in it. One section for trading, another for buying (NPC that sell goods), and another section for the arena where you can fight other players and monsters (attack on sight, aggresive) with higher stats than normal. The trade center would just be a sort of big room thats empty and players can walk in there and trade with other players. Another smaller room would have the NPCs that buy and sell items. In another hallway there could be a NPC that gives quest, such as bringing 10 scorpion stingers to bring back scorpions to life?or something like that? So the player gets 10 stingers gives it to the NPC, and the NPC gives the player gold or an item.

Here is a link to a forum with players and their thoughts on the current arena and a maybe a new one
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =12&t=8382
Attachments
Key to Map (attached)<br />+Arena = the arena<br />+Area sprayed in light blue = NPCs that sell goods<br />+Area sprayed in dark blue = Is where players can trade and chat<br />+Area sprayed in purple = Is a training area, could have scorpions and bats.<br /><br />+Green Dots = NPCs that give info on surrounding area<br />+Brown Dot = Possible Quest giver?<br />+Blue Dot = A soul thing that brings you back to life<br />+Red Dot = Guy that teleports you to the arena (like the girl and the snow area)
Key to Map (attached)
+Arena = the arena
+Area sprayed in light blue = NPCs that sell goods
+Area sprayed in dark blue = Is where players can trade and chat
+Area sprayed in purple = Is a training area, could have scorpions and bats.

+Green Dots = NPCs that give info on surrounding area
+Brown Dot = Possible Quest giver?
+Blue Dot = A soul thing that brings you back to life
+Red Dot = Guy that teleports you to the arena (like the girl and the snow area)
ManaRecPic1.JPG (26.83 KiB) Viewed 4270 times
Player Names:
[i]Sushi_The_Great;Level: 36[/i]
styler
Novice
Novice

Re: New Arena/Colisuem

Post by styler »

good idea but some more arenas would be better becausen then some very good people lvl for exp. 70 kill u the whole time and thAT sucks. Some people in tulishmar fight arena do that:(

styler

never think of dead without fighting, ever fight to the last second ...
my char [styler] now is: lvl 66
[styler´s helper] now is: lvl 41
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Sushi: Use inkscape to concept art. (http://inkscape.org)
styler
Novice
Novice

Post by styler »

is it free?

never think of dead without fighting, ever fight to the last second ...
my char [styler] now is: lvl 66
[styler´s helper] now is: lvl 41
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

yes.
drewtoma
Peon
Peon

Post by drewtoma »

To build on your arena idea and the higher lvl's how about this.
1.Players enter and can trade and stuff.
1.1-20lvl's only can enter
2.20-40lvl's can enter
3.40-60lvl's can enter
4.60+lvl's only can enter
Something like that could work. I love the idea tho.
Attachments
arena.PNG
arena.PNG (8.44 KiB) Viewed 3964 times
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

Hi,

I like the idea very much and would also suggest to separate some areas, first a PvP and a PvM (Player vs. Monster) area and the areas should be devided into different sections.
Maybe one could use something like the monsterpoints to decide in which PvM section a player can go (from the "Don't-kill-me-maggots" over the "I-just-want-to-play-snakes" to the "I-kill-everything-monsters").
For the PvP the player-level should be fine as check, but I would suggest to not give exp. for killing players. Better something like a trophy (if you killed a higher-lvl-player) or nothing (if you kill a noob).

Greetings,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!
drewtoma
Peon
Peon

Post by drewtoma »

What if you had to complete a quest in order to be able to gain access to the arena. :mrgreen:
posa
Novice
Novice

Post by posa »

hi, i was about to do the same suggestion, there really need to be created some arenas, pvp and pvm, because some higher lvls and 99's lvl just quit playing the game because there is nothing else to do.. if there were more quests, i mean inside this arena, people would enjoy a lot it.. the arenas with lvl was a very good idea.. i hope in a new update it became available for us to play..
thanks ;D
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

I like the idea very much, both the one with the npc and also the one with parted level ... entry...
But
at the moment there are not enough players who want pvp so I don't think that in this state of the game it makes much sense to create such a "big" pvp area.
I also would (if you do that with entering depending on your level) say that levels that didn't reach 20 yet, can't fight and are immune there. Most newbies don't go to pvp anyway but those who do shouldn't be killed at once.

<ideababble>
By the way I think playing pvp should earn you something too, not only killing monsters should be rewarded. So i guess that could get included to. The person who dies loses something and the person who killed can have it.
I see that on RuneScape, that I try atm. If someone gets killed he drops something. That is actually a good idea. Sure you can trick that but that is not the point. I mean the killer doesn't have to pick up just because there is a drop.
Or instead of that you would get xp as it was on the halloween quest. That was really cool and very good idea.
</ideababble>

cu ingame
Leela
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
posa
Novice
Novice

Post by posa »

well, i agree and disagree with leela..
Disagree: i think if there was a coliseum , where players could go pvp, ppl would surely be very interested on it, since it'd be a new experience and would be more fun than killing monsters, for many reasons you know..

Agree: i think there should be a way of losing something when dying in the arena(pvp). A good think to do would be this: when the person dies, he loses some xp, and who kills this person gets this ammount of xp, so this way can be avoided things like happened in halloween, that some people allowed others to kill them.. This way it would be fun and still a challange!
hope you guys agree with me..
=D
thanks, Posa
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

posa wrote: i think if there was a coliseum , where players could go pvp, ppl would surely be very interested on it, since it'd be a new experience and would be more fun than killing monsters, for many reasons you know..
There is already the arena where you can do pvp. And it is mostly deserted. that is why i said there are not enough people who want that.

Also you have to pay to get into the arena and even if you win a fight you still lost the money. it's not much but it is a loss and that's how people think "why should i pay but get nothing?" So a drop or at least some xp would be good. I guess that then more people would like it.
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark Lord »

drewtoma wrote:To build on your arena idea and the higher lvl's how about this.
1.Players enter and can trade and stuff.
1.1-20lvl's only can enter
2.20-40lvl's can enter
3.40-60lvl's can enter
4.60+lvl's only can enter
Something like that could work. I love the idea tho.
No
Regards
DarkLord

Dark Lord, DarkLord* In Game and lvl 50 Image

And a beginner pixel-artist :D

Code: Select all

Code? What code?
Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark Lord »

drewtoma wrote:What if you had to complete a quest in order to be able to gain access to the arena. :mrgreen:
No. Man, you're full of really...REALLY bad ideas
Regards
DarkLord

Dark Lord, DarkLord* In Game and lvl 50 Image

And a beginner pixel-artist :D

Code: Select all

Code? What code?
posa
Novice
Novice

Post by posa »

darklord, i disagree with you. Other games i've played before and had some kind of coliseum, there was needed a quest to gain acess to it, and i really think it is a good idea.
thanks, Posa