The IRC issue

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Neon
Peon
Peon

The IRC issue

Post by Neon »

Hello there :D

I joined you guys less then a week ago...I was exploring the /usr/ports/games directory when i found tmw.It is my first 2D mmo,and its great :P
I play mmos for like 6 Years now,most the time i spend with Lineage 2 (started @ DeviantRealms),also tryed EVE and few other free mmos.

It is common for evry game comunity to provide an IRC-channel for its user,it is common sence.
Now IRC is funny place,there always individuals who loves to mess around .And it doesnt matter in wich IRC network u are,if u have a popular channel,it gets attacked no matter what u do.
Now i witnessed today 2 flood attempts(both times using clones),and from what i hear this is evryday issue.I also found some posts here on the forum suggesting to change the IRC network.

Id like to suggest u using an eggdrop (irc-bot,written in C ),or eaven 2 or 3 of them.
Those things can be extreemly useful,and can do preaty much evrything u can imagine on IRC,aslog they have the prooper rights (and tcl scripts ) to do so,and doing it much faster then an channel-OP.
Eggdrop with decent TCL`s can keep the order in any channel,aslong it is hosted on good host(eggdrop are getting attacked too.In general,if the bot is hosted on good host,evrything is fine).

Now im a totaly new guy (yus,im a guy :mrgreen: ) here.I just wanna suggest one way to fix one Problem.

P.S
Pls sry my english :)
Brice de Nice

Re: The IRC issue

Post by Brice de Nice »

[EDIT]
Last edited by Brice de Nice on 23 Nov 2009, 09:26, edited 1 time in total.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Re: The IRC issue

Post by Kage »

We now have a new IRC server, which people seem to think will mean we will have less spamming and clone bots (though I am still skeptical)
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P