OK, I'm temporarily banned, but think about this, please.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon

OK, I'm temporarily banned, but think about this, please.

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone »

Throughout the evening November 5 2009, I've been playing TMW. I saw a LOT of lockups tonight: I could not enter the general store for over a minute; I was in Tulimshar and all the NPCs disappeared, and so on. Ok, you've been having problems lately, I understand. You had a good spell during the Freya drop party, but lately hasn't been like it was 2 months ago, but I'm still new, maybe 2 months ago was unusually good quality? Not ragging on anyone, just mentioning what I'm seeing.

Last time in tonight, I was killed while I battled a flower with my L4 magic. And I lay there, without any resurrection, for a total of maybe 20-30 seconds. I figured, your servers aren't responding or I'd be resurrected. With that in mind, I typed 'dirt nap' 5 or 6 times. Then I stopped typing anything because I have no text balloon above my head, so nobody is going to see my message anyways. I was still laying there several seconds after typing, and still, nothing was happening.

Then, suddenly, poof, I'm back at the Hurnscald soul menhir, poof, I get a 'connection with the server was lost' message and therefore my client gets terminated. Nice. I've had my client killed 3 times or so in the past 2 days.

So, I go to log in, and I get the message that I'm temporarily banned until November 6, whatever hour.

But how can it be SPAMMING when I am lying there DEAD and I cannot actively move about? Nobody was on my screen when I died...

My real issue with being temporarily banned:
You guys have to understand that it is very disappointing to suffer with 2 to 4 freezes per hour, for days on end. I can't recount how many times I was killed by a monster I had been battling when suddenly the server went unresponsive and I didn't know my health had dropped.

I don't care about the ban, I'll live through it, but for crying out loud, I was unable to move or do anything else during this time. If this was the only time tonight I had a freeze condition, I definitely would not have typed anything at all, because the NORMAL server response gets me resurrected in less than a second.

Surely, I won't be typing while dead next time this happens, but this freezing is really very disappointing.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: OK, I'm temporarily banned, but think about this, please.

Post by Jaxad0127 »

We're under increasingly heavy attacks. Someone didn't like that we permabanned them for botting too much, and they've been writting attack programs to make the server unusable.
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon

Re: OK, I'm temporarily banned, but think about this, please.

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone »

Yeah, I think I heard about that. I sure hope they get bored soon.