Crown Quest!!!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Do You Think My Quest Idea Should Be Put Int TMW?

It' a GREAT idea!
21%
I don't understand
No votes
No Way!
26%
hmm...
8%
I don't know really
7%
Yes
5%
No
33%

Total votes: 61
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: Crown Quest!!!

Post by EJlol »

IMO we have already more than enough hats.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

...and a dyeable cap is among them.

What we could really need are more armor sprites. The equipment sprites which qualify as armor and not just clothes are the chainmail, the light platemail and the warlord plate.

Currently you see everyone running around in warlord plate and chaps. This is really sad, in my opinion. There should be more diversity in the endgame.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Crush wrote:...and a dyeable cap is among them.

What we could really need are more armor sprites. The equipment sprites which qualify as armor and not just clothes are the chainmail, the light platemail and the warlord plate.

Currently you see everyone running around in warlord plate and chaps. This is really sad, in my opinion. There should be more diversity in the endgame.
The problem is the best stuff for a warrior is super easy to obtain (if there is not enough to go around not everyone looks the same)
Also most other games have gear that lends itself to a specific build so the best gear for a tank is not necessarily the best for a luck critical attacker
Pixel Battalion
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Len wrote:

The problem is the best stuff for a warrior is super easy to obtain (if there is not enough to go around not everyone looks the same)
Also most other games have gear that lends itself to a specific build so the best gear for a tank is not necessarily the best for a luck critical attacker
more armor is well and good ..but, with the new player set pending i dont want to start on some thing im going to have to redo...and it seems that all eyes are on "CR1" right now.... and i fear i mite get a brick thrown at me if i try to make a hat or some thing..

my 2 pennys
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

eA's char set won't change. And you'll just have to add more frames.
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Post by Anonymous!!! »

Platyna wrote:You people want a crown then make one. A person who made an item that got into game always receives it. ;-)

Regards.
If thats true then I'm submitting my 'mana sword' idea right now! ;)
(+2500 damage, 4 range lol)
:wink:
-Nahem - My Characters in use are:
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Are you up for a CHALLENGE? Yes!
Project Hurnscald
I'm currently attempting to develop an Event Arena and I'm looking for ideas!
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Post by Anonymous!!! »

If you need armor sprites I designed some for my server... Unfortunately my best ones look very similar to existing armor sprites.
I have made, however 2 new plates that are sort of upgraded versions of platemail if you want them. (The guardian plates I have created: Heavy guardian plate, Light Guard plate, golden guardian plate) :)

By the way- Getting back to the crown quest topic I created one for my server- The NPC running it is Nicholas.
I have golden nuggets as a rare drop from earth monsters- you need 12 of them 25 iron ore, 5 pearls and some good ruby (Another rare drop from earth monsters- by 'good' I mean there is a 1/20 chance you'll have good ruby).
You need to melt some money to pay for the crown but you get a high priest crown.

I think then there may be another quest to give that to a king (along with some other expensive jewelry items) and you are rewarded with 1kk or something.

Thats my idea though...
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Project Hurnscald
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Len wrote:

Yes I'm also missing stuff with a drop chance of 0,01% or even less. The problem there would more be that we simply do not have any content out there to warrant anything: the world was built mostly undesigned and random. I'm personally not going to invest my resources to salvage that, but rather to actually build TMW in the CR project initiative, starting with CR1.
This message used to be meaningful.
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

anonymous!!! wrote:
By the way- Getting back to the crown quest topic I created one for my server- The NPC running it is Nicholas.
I have golden nuggets as a rare drop from earth monsters- you need 12 of them 25 iron ore, 5 pearls and some good ruby (Another rare drop from earth monsters- by 'good' I mean there is a 1/20 chance you'll have good ruby).
You need to melt some money to pay for the crown but you get a high priest crown.

I think then there may be another quest to give that to a king (along with some other expensive jewelry items) and you are rewarded with 1kk or something.

Thats my idea though...
+1
I like the idea
but, what are earth monsters?
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Post by Anonymous!!! »

Leela wrote:
anonymous!!! wrote:

Thats my idea though...
+1
I like the idea
but, what are earth monsters?
Earth attribute.
Mostly found in the desert. :P
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Project Hurnscald
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

We have looked into using Grant-A's territe armor as the bases of a earth elemental
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Falloutboy
Novice
Novice

Post by Falloutboy »

I think your quest is too easy, you can win iron ore with monster points and ... it's too easy :D
Maybe we can create golden ore or something like that but dropped very rarely...
Or it can find like in aEthyra, the crown dropped at 0.01% by a monster ^^
But if you want a quest for the crown, make on harder than that one...

idea: 15 golden ores, dark cristal and another gem, cotton clothes or white fur , and die...
falloutboy (94) _Atreyu_ (73)
since 2006
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Not every item has to come from a quest Just make it a Jack O drop with a 0.01% chance
(what this game really needs are more bosses)
Pixel Battalion
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

And less rare hats for people to whinge about when they don't have any.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Rotonen wrote:
Len wrote:

Yes I'm also missing stuff with a drop chance of 0,01% or even less. The problem there would more be that we simply do not have any content out there to warrant anything: the world was built mostly undesigned and random. I'm personally not going to invest my resources to salvage that, but rather to actually build TMW in the CR project initiative, starting with CR1.
idk why but I have an idea to make a new entire outfit for an cr1 landscape from I'm sure i have gathered enough info to do that and match it with the project. what do you think?