Suggestion: Equipment clothing slots

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Degraine
Peon
Peon

Suggestion: Equipment clothing slots

Post by Degraine »

I was looking over the equipment wiki page and was kinda struck by how many equipment slots there are. Now, I know that avatar uniqueness is king, and I'm in favour of that...but do they all have to contribute to your stats?

What I mean is, it would probably be far more beneficial to consolidate statted items into fewer slots. Less swapping stuff around when you want to change to a certain set of gear for a themed dungeon, smaller tables of items to balance, more freedom to keep a consistent look to your avatar ('Hmm...I really like how my black pants look, but that purple pair has better stats...') and so on.

Neck, for example. Normally, this is an amulet accessory slot. Could it be replaced with a clothing slot for things like scarves, cloaks, capes, maybe even ponchos, instead? (Actually, that would be better off as a statted slot, Cloak of Fire Warding, anyone?)

I have more thoughts on this, but I've rambled enough as it is. So, the soapbox is free for anyone who wants to use it.